VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

Well I've had a good look through this exhausting list and can't find my answer.

I have a 95 t4 Caravelle I bought it already lowered but it's too much... The invoice/receipt that came with the bus said the back was lowered using a 50mm lowered spring.

Now my friend has a Multivan 96-97ish his rear had been lowered by 40mm, so why does his sit 120mm higher than mine??? Were the combis and caravelles fitted with different strength springs as standard??

Or is there another reason? My caravelle has been converted to a camper, seats taken out bed cupboards etc put in!!!

It looks like the guy who had it before lowered the bus and it was nice and level then fitted the interior and that kind of dropped the fat end down to low.

Any experiences or opinions on this? Should I be going back to stock to get a level ride height?

Thanks guys and girls

Dave

Hopefully this image may give an idea it's not the best for this post but it's dark outside now

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for that,

I've just looked at the invoice the springs are 4 years old they were £100 from transportersRus and called 50mm Heavier Duty Lowering Springs (T4's R Us)

Also on the invoice were £18.49 Rear Lowering plates (T4LP)

Doesn't sound or look cheap or soft to me any other ideas??

What about the different springs on caravelle v van theory?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
717 Posts
Cheers for that,

I've just looked at the invoice the springs are 4 years old they were £100 from transportersRus and called 50mm Heavier Duty Lowering Springs (T4's R Us)

Also on the invoice were £18.49 Rear Lowering plates (T4LP)

Doesn't sound or look cheap or soft to me any other ideas??

What about the different springs on caravelle v van theory?

Thanks

Dave
Cheap quality not cheap price, it will be the springs , trust me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

In that case what do you recommend?

Standard ride height will be too high, and it seems the 50mm drop on mine isn't a true reflection of a 50mm lowering kit.

Is it going to be trial and error?? Or should I be trying to find another Caravelle converted to camper with stock suspension and doing some measuring?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Thanks,

In that case what do you recommend?

Standard ride height will be too high, and it seems the 50mm drop on mine isn't a true reflection of a 50mm lowering kit.

Is it going to be trial and error?? Or should I be trying to find another Caravelle converted to camper with stock suspension and doing some measuring?

Cheers

Dave
For your set up the Vogtland 40's with the 5 mm shims will be ideal 45-50 mm drop with a nice comfy ride click the link for forum discount site T:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that I will give them some serious consideration. I'm currently saving for the poptop so will probably do both at the same time.

Thanks again

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts