VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Hope you're all good. Not sure if anyone saw the Black T5 camper from a company called 'Leisure Hubs' over the Busfest weekend, but I liked it.

It was a gorgeous unit. The furniture looked like it was real wood as opposed to that plastic-foil stuff. First time I've ever seen Rockford Fosgate audio in a camper too!

The thing for me, over everything else was the fact they put a HOT SHOWER in the tailgate! Quality!!

I've been looking at a camper for a while now, but I want this one :D

Searched for the company online and found this:

http://www.leisurehubs.com/

and given how popular busfest was, I googled them and added flickr, got this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leisurehubs/7971035392/

Some nice looking stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to ask, has anyone seen these guys before? I think its a relatively new company, but if the quality of that van was anything to go by...I'd be a happy chappy with some of their stuff!

I'm researching now, will report back once I've got some more info on them.

:)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ditto, well impressed :D

Sadly far exceeds my budget :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys,

I did some digging around online, and it seems the Leisure Hubs brand definitely a new company, but I emailed them asking what services they offer, here is part of the email I got back when I asked them about custom AV Installations:

"Hi Rob,

Thanks for your interest in Leisure Hubs. We are a camper-conversion company that offers a truly luxurious and totally bespoke service for your camper van. You asked about AV/Multimedia solutions, so please let me give you an example of what we can offer:

1. Complete surround sound using only the very best in speaker and amplifier manufacturer (we can't say who, but trust me on this) with all wiring worked around the vehicle and complete sound deadening on all panels with a top layer of a custom membrane designed to block out external noise, and to enhance the audio experience.
2. Wireless Media Streaming - we install and configure a 3G wireless access point in the camper, giving a strong and reliable internet and private network solution that can be used to stream media via Airplay.
3. In-Dash, touchscreen head unit with total control over audio, video, content, sound settings, streaming options etc.
4. Full HD in-van TV, installed alongside any current HD Games Console of your choice

As you can imagine, this list is not exhaustive, and we can tailor your van around your specific needs. We can offer a full service from supplying the van, consulting you on your design ideas, implementing them and keeping you appraised as to the progress of the build, or we can offer you just the conversion service - you bring us your van and we can build our real-wood units (we do not use foil-wrap) into your van with the best insulation, audio baffles and other sound improvement technologies.

Please do bear in mind that alongside the AV options mentioned, we offer a UK first - we are the only company that can offer a fully functional, HOT WATER shower built into your project. We have a design team that spent a very long time designing and implementing this. You mention you saw our Black T5 at Busfest? The shower was working so hopefully you saw it; there was a crowd round the van for pretty much the whole time!

If you would like to know more, or have any questions you need answering, please do not hesitate to contact us, and our friendly and fully-trained staff can happily answer any question you may have.

Kind regards,

The Leisure Hubs Team"

Normally, I don't take much stock in emailing large companies, but I have to admit that they answered me pretty quickly, and as you can see, they look to be thorough.

Full HD in a van? Guys, I'm drooling right now.... The thought of an in-built PS3 is one thing I'd love... I guess I better start saving my money!

THanks for the pics you uploaded too, it really is a nice looking van... I am a little bit in awe at the moment. When I decided that I wanted a camper for me and the missus to enjoy the British countryside, I never even began to think you can get stuff like this; I may have come into this a little naively.

Cheers guys....

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, but he's sure as hell not going to sell me it for ten grand!!!! :D
haha, suppose not. Wouldn't it be nice though.....

I can SO see me driving that bad boy around the UK... Sadly the closest I'll ever get is a catalogue ;)

Apart from Busfest, is there any other camping shows I need to be looking into? I know of the camping caravan and motorhome show at the NEC, just wondering if you could point me the the right direction?

·
Registered
989 Posts
haha, suppose not. Wouldn't it be nice though.....

I can SO see me driving that bad boy around the UK... Sadly the closest I'll ever get is a catalogue ;)

Apart from Busfest, is there any other camping shows I need to be looking into? I know of the camping caravan and motorhome show at the NEC, just wondering if you could point me the the right direction?

Totally get where you're coming from, caught me eye....sadly for me just a dream, I'll work my way up to that one :D

http://celticmotorhomes.co.uk/?page_id=12 .....that's the baby I'd like to drive round in!!!! Was love at first sight at Busfest!!! :D :D

There are loads and loads of shows/meets all over the country - listed in all the magazines as well as loads of threads on here :)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Nice bus but regarding the hot shower?leedavis in here fitted one in his stunning red t4 which won best van at bus freeze last yearA:
Now sold to a lucky punterT:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also spoke to this lot at busfest, and they do seem the real deal, I spoke to a lad Jamie, really helpful
Regarding the shower, I'm emailing him this week about one for barn doors which they seem to have a few ideas for....
Will wait and see, but agreed it was a fantastic van.T:

Sean

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
I've seen several vans with tailgate showers or similar, often operating via Webasto or Eber water heaters and simple pumps. Not that difficult to set up really.
And, yes I know it all looks and works very nicely, but the thought of having the choice of being out in the countryside and doing stuff, or sitting in the van watching telly or playing games really is a no brainer. Neat, innovative, but would be totally wasted on me.

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Nice van but the shower in the back is not a new idea, I had this van 9 years ago and it had a shower in the back, great for getting the sand off when I had been surfing. T:

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Nice van but the shower in the back is not a new idea, I had this van 9 years ago and it had a shower in the back, great for getting the sand off when I had been surfing. T:

I bet that was hard to part with:(
Stunning looking bus:ILU:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I saw this van and yes it looked sweet, but I wasn't that impressed with the final finish of the veneers but that's just me, it does sound like a blatent ad for them though this thread

Al
SB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts