VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time at busfest this year great to meet some new faces and put faces to names. Seemed a bit quiet in some areas but still enjoyed the weekend.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi,
went on my own this year had a good time like you say I thought it was a bit quiet at times.
Enjoyed devious again. was on the look out for another van but no joy.T:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Went as a day visitor on Sunday, first time I’d been and really enjoyed it, even bumped into the chap I bought my van from,
Planning to camp next year hopefully, it falls on out wedding anniversary so thought I’d treat her to a romantic weekend in the vanI:I:

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Went as a day visitor on Sunday, first time I’d been and really enjoyed it, even bumped into the chap I bought my van from,
Planning to camp next year hopefully, it falls on out wedding anniversary so thought I’d treat her to a romantic weekend in the vanI:I:
Oh youre so pushing your luck there LOL:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Went on my own this year, agree, seemed quiet, from previous years, a number of traders did not setup until late (Van-X being one of them), it also felt like more non-van related stalls were present this year, that said, still a good weekend.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Went on my own this year, agree, seemed quiet, from previous years, a number of traders did not setup until late (Van-X being one of them), it also felt like more non-van related stalls were present this year, that said, still a good weekend.
Any show you go to VanX always turn up late. His a massive pitch with big marquee and has about ten items on display.
waste of space.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I didn`t go this year but have been camping 4 years previous.
IMO Busfest has become one big Market selling mostly cheap tac, with a fun fair.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,007 Posts
Go to a few VW Festivals, but trading. This year is the first FW Festival I have been to as a punter for years and the very first time been to Busfest.

It was a little smaller than I expected, given it is the "largest VW Show in the world", but I still thought it was good and enjoyed it :)
Decent mix of traders I thought as well.

Got some pressies for Clarence the Safari Camperbus....
  • Got some personalised bunting from "Brilliant Bunting" (https://www.facebook.com/brilliantbunting/) while I waited (well, actually popped back a couple of hours later to collect it :cool: ).
  • Also got some step carpets from Harrison Trim Supplies (https://www.facebook.com/Harrisons-Trim-Supplies-136776293107724/). They don't have off-the-shelf ones for the LTs so on Sunday I left them with my shaped carpet offcut ones I had as templates and today (Friday) I received three new step carpets via DPD - AND they whipped the edges of my offcuts as well and sent them back to me (so handy spares)!
    And all for an amazing price (I'm still wondering if I got undercharged even after querying the price I was quoted to make sure!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts