VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am the happy owner of a t5 130 Kombi:) But am working self employed & am considering my options for the purchase of a new one through my business. Is there an unbiased person on here who can explain the in's and out's of my options?
Many thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Mark

Thanks for opening this particular can of worms. Having done a massive amount of research on this forum and elsewhere I have opted for a new swb 130 T28, double front seats and unglazed tailgate.

I looked at the kombi option as I have 3 children. If you want the 2.5 130 you have to get it in a T32 or T30 174 or auto box. I did not want the T32 as it is more expensive and the ride harsher due to suspension arrangements.

Cost of Kombi therefore against panel is about 2500 quid. You can get seats and windows installed retro for under a grand, so takes your pick.

www.lease-extension.co.uk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I had not realised you could not get a T30 130 bhp? What is the difference in suspension that you mention?

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
T32 has stiffer suspension as it is built to take 5 hairy arsed builders plus 1 tonne of payload thus if you only have in my case a few windsurfing boards rolling around in the back and a few children it will bounce allover the place.

Weight difference between models is not great just the suspension arrangement.

they dont do the T30 130 kombi as f you put the 5 hairy arsed builders in you will be too close to the limit of getting 1 tonne payload in. Although you can get the T30 130 in the 174version or the auto bos so not quite suer about that. Any way a T30 130 Auto or 174 will cost a lot more than the T32 130.

www.lease-extension.co.uk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts