Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
VW TRANSPORTER T4 SURF BUS/DAY VAN 2000 W REG , 120K MILES, SERVICE HISTORY

http://bit.ly/wOGZHi

This is the same person who sold me his 'much loved best looking van' etc.... 'reluctantly'! All professionally this, professionally that bla bla bla..... That ended up costing me ££££££££'s!!
The listing in places is in fact WORD FOR WORD!!!! He obviously buys VERY cheap vans, has a pretty paint job done, writes an eBay listing that's complete BU****IT and makes a lot of money!

I personally wouldn't touch this or anything else **name removed** has to sell! Bloke wouldn't know the truth if it fell on him!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
VW TRANSPORTER T4 SURF BUS/DAY VAN 2000 W REG , 120K MILES, SERVICE HISTORY

http://bit.ly/wOGZHi

This is the same person who sold me his 'much loved best looking van' etc.... 'reluctantly'! All professionally this, professionally that bla bla bla..... That ended up costing me ££££££££'s!!
The listing in places is in fact WORD FOR WORD!!!! He obviously buys VERY cheap vans, has a pretty paint job done, writes an eBay listing that's complete BU****IT and makes a lot of money!

I personally wouldn't touch this or anything else **name removed** has to sell! Bloke wouldn't know the truth if it fell on him!!
Looks a heap of sh## anyway ! Cannot stand people like that ebayer..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
oh dear is that the chap you got your orange van whats gone wrong with it .from where in cambs im in stneots
Easier to list what wasn't wrong! Engine hadn't been touched, he claimed head off skimmed, new gaskets etc... Serviced, new cambelt...etc... All bulls**t, the glow plugs looked like original ones & were disintegrated!! Explaining why it never started properly! The back had apparently been 'professionally insulated & carpeted' however it mus have been done by steve wonder, as he forgot to put the insulation in & the carpeting job is appalling!!
The front torsion bar had been hacked at with grinder & left sitting on bumpstops!!!! In fact the only good thing was the paint job!

I'm not too far from you.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I nearly went to view your van when I saw it for sale, but the seller wouldn't respond to any of my e-mails lol!.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I nearly went to view your van when I saw it for sale, but the seller wouldn't respond to any of my e-mails lol!.
Hmmmm funny that, if I told u the whole story of the purchase u would think I was making it up! The funny thing is he has answered the phone since & got really shirty when I called him a liar! Said he brought all the stuff himself & watched the work being done with his own eyes! Simply will not admit to anything at all! Practised liar/conman!

·
Registered
220 Posts
People are doing this up and down the country for a quick buck, which is why many of us spend so long looking for a good van to buy.

I won a T5 on Ebay a while back, however when I went to collect it I never met the owner whose name was on the Log book, they wanted cash in hand only, the Ad stated FSH but the last stamp in the book was 3yrs ago, Turbo pipe hanging off and held on with zip ties, wrong colour on the log book. Not happy so I just walked away, they then had the cheek to put it back on Ebay saying that it was being relisted due to a "time waster" The van may have been OK but I wasn't willing to part with my hard earnt cash with no real come backs. Trust no noone!

If you buy off of Ebay do as many checks as possible and check all the paperwork in great detail. Trust know one and rely on your own gut instinct as well. I diffinatley wouldn't part with any money before viewing the van. if there an honest buyer they wont mind you doing all the checks and meeting at their house.

I eventually bought mine off of someone on here, so I was able to check their history and see everything that had be done on the van, the good and the bad.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hmmmm funny that, if I told u the whole story of the purchase u would think I was making it up! The funny thing is he has answered the phone since & got really shirty when I called him a liar! Said he brought all the stuff himself & watched the work being done with his own eyes! Simply will not admit to anything at all! Practised liar/conman!
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, sounds like you have sorted it now and hope that hasn't put you off the van, it is absolutely stunning T:. One of my questions to the seller was about the blacked out bits between the windows, is it paint or a vinyl sticker as it looks really glossy and a lot better than the sticker kits on ebay, maybe you can answer that question :).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, sounds like you have sorted it now and hope that hasn't put you off the van, it is absolutely stunning T:. One of my questions to the seller was about the blacked out bits between the windows, is it paint or a vinyl sticker as it looks really glossy and a lot better than the sticker kits on ebay, maybe you can answer that question :).
You're right, it is stunning, the paintwork is really unfaultable! Just a shame so much time & effort was spent there & nowhere else!
The whole van is paint, no vinyl anywhere even the bottom stripe & vw logo (which is a tad ropey up close!)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
People are doing this up and down the country for a quick buck, which is why many of us spend so long looking for a good van to buy.

I won a T5 on Ebay a while back, however when I went to collect it I never met the owner whose name was on the Log book, they wanted cash in hand only, the Ad stated FSH but the last stamp in the book was 3yrs ago, Turbo pipe hanging off and held on with zip ties, wrong colour on the log book. Not happy so I just walked away, they then had the cheek to put it back on Ebay saying that it was being relisted due to a "time waster" The van may have been OK but I wasn't willing to part with my hard earnt cash with no real come backs. Trust no noone!

If you buy off of Ebay do as many checks as possible and check all the paperwork in great detail. Trust know one and rely on your own gut instinct as well. I diffinatley wouldn't part with any money before viewing the van. if there an honest buyer they wont mind you doing all the checks and meeting at their house.

I eventually bought mine off of someone on here, so I was able to check their history and see everything that had be done on the van, the good and the bad.
Completely agree with everything you said & on a normal day I would've walked, but I was having one of the worst days imaginable for personal reasons, topped with a long journey from Cambridge to Newcastle, my head just wasn't right. The very next day checking everything properly made me realise what a complete **** I had been!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.