VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See other thread for details but if my van is written off is there anyone who can offer advice on buying it back. It's a t4 2.4 1999.
The majority of the damage :
Rear os wheel looks like axle has been knocked off centre. Front os wing scraped. Os centre panel scratched but not bad. Rear bumper partially knocked off on os. Bonnet dented. Front bumper needs replacing. Rear alloy wheel dented so 4 new required. I'd expect to need full new light clusters on front. Ns front wing damaged.
Any clues. Photos available 07743856751

·
Registered
703 Posts
Most of that is an easy fit from 2nd hand parts to get back on the road, t4 steelies with tyres can be found cheap, just the rear wheel issue might be sinister, no vic check required for commercials either

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't accepted that,

If you don't fancy repairing it, you probably get more breaking it,

Remember it is still your vehicle, even I you repair an sell on, you should still make on it

·
Registered
45 Posts
My van was totalled 8 februari 2015. Total loss , The back was crushed between a wall and the car .

Firstly I got a claim of 1543pond , second claim was better : 2707

The highest bid for the wreck was only 334pond so I bought it back from the insurrance , only in pieces I'll gain more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My van was totalled 8 februari 2015. Total loss , The back was crushed between a wall and the car .

Firstly I got a claim of 1543pond , second claim was better : 2707

The highest bid for the wreck was only 334pond so I bought it back from the insurrance , only in pieces I'll gain more.

Just out of interest what was the insurance value you had entered for your premium and how close was the offer to what you valued it as?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 2000 t4 swb 1.9td caught fire the other week, I stripped all the bling off it then just been offered 3k for it, was insured for 5k. Sadly was only insured as a van.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,258 Posts
Ive been offered £700 for it, does that seem too cheap then?
I thought you meant that they were offering you the "scrap" to buy back for £700?? But you are saying they are valuing your van at £700 pre-accident? :eek: unless it was a total wreck, that must be way too low?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought you meant that they were offering you the "scrap" to buy back for £700?? But you are saying they are valuing your van at £700 pre-accident? :eek: unless it was a total wreck, that must be way too low?
No sorry not been clear. I had valued it at 4k for the insurance. It has been written off and I'm waiting for a settlement. I have the offer to buy it back at a price to be arranged. When I buy it back I have been offered £700 for the van with the rear seats (the on rail type) and the front seats (Galaxy swivel) taken out for me to sell on. There is also a private plate kij347 which I will keep. So I'm selling an empty van for 700 in effect.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,258 Posts
Aha. That makes a lot more sense :) I thought £700 sounded daft for even the most basic runner.

£700 doesn't seem too bad as long as you get more then you are paying for the buy back and you get those seats for the next van of course T: much less hassle then buying back and breaking.
You could repair yourself I guess, but if a vehicle is significantly damaged, its often hard to keep the same affection for it after a repair - never quite the same again, is it? :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I can imagine that. It's all money in the pot for a new one though. I've not got the mechanicals for a new project like that though. The panels and lights came in at 2 k

1 - 14 of 14 Posts