VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have enquired about something for my van on what seems to be a good site. Same item is a good £200 dearer from a Uk site.

They have emailed their bank details and said pay the money into the bank and use this courior company. http://www.transvoyager.pl/kontakt.php

Anything I should be aware of or something I've missed. Just wanna make sure I get it right as I don't want to loose me £300.

Thanks peeps.

Chippy :ILU:

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Keith - I wouldn't pay any company money into their bank account before receiving goods - BACS is for invoice settlement after supply not before... If you pay on a credit card and something goes wrong, you have a chance of being covered, not with a personal bank transfer. :ILU:

Got to ask yourself if the saving is worth the risk, and only you can answer that, but I wouldn't touch it with yours, especially from Eastern Europe... :*

...it's not something from Leeloo, is it?...! I: ;)
LOL:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew leeloo would get a mention and no Alex it ain't :D

I did think I was maybe a bit sus asking to be put in the bank?? Quite a big company though, but as you said I'm one of these people who want the loose ends tying up before I do anything let alone do a bank transfer I:

Maybe I'll suggest credit card/ Paypal as that has some form of protection don't it????

P.S. You can touch mine anytime :D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Had to book a few european campsites like this. Hate doing it as, like HedgeHugger said, you have no comeback with this method. If the purchase is £100 or over, always use a credit card then you will have some protection from your credit card provider if things did go wrong.

I've done it in the past but it has been for small sums to reserve camping pitches so I see it as low risk. If it is for a reasonable sum and they won't accept a credit card payment I'd walk away personally.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fair do's peeps, thanks for your input T:

It is quite a large tuning company and from what I've been hearing from other folk this is pretty much how they do business ??

Will email em in a bit and offer the old flexible friend T: (no Alex, not that one :D)

The payment incidentally is £245 I:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Its a scam :eek:

Without knowing who the company is or what's on offer :*

I wouldn't say it's a scam Keith. Germans and Eastern Europeans prefer bank transfers in my experience, no idea why but they do.
Having said that, if you don't know they are reliable and have not dealt with them before. A credit card is a far better option as said above.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts