VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Good turn out at weston yesterday, first time there so recognised a few van from here, anyway.......

My boost valve goes mental when on idle or not excelerating. The Van is a 2000 1.9TD and I currently have the feed tapped of the elbow of the inlet manifold. I want to try a no buzz tee peice so need to re locate the tap for the feeder hose.

Can anyone give me some idea's where to tap for a feed? or any idea's how to stop this buzzing, Theres no way i am mounting in the dash till i stop it.

Any ideas would be great, I've searched the forum and can't find what i'm looking for........ :confused::*

cheers

Chalks

·
Registered
300 Posts
You need to add a plenum chamber in-line to smooth out the pressure waves in the manifold. A large inline fuel filter should do the trick. Mounted mine under the dash works perfect. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
yes mine did this till i fitted the t piece it has a reducer in it so it helps stabilize the pressure. [think i blocked 1 outlet of the t and just used it as a inline reducer.]
fitted mine in left dash pocket below steering wheel nice push in fit and visable for me when i want to glance at it. no hole drilling nessasary..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good to me guys, i'll try the reducer as i have ordered if not i'll try a fuel filter. Did you both come of the inlet manifold nipple?

cheers for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts