VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

This is my first ever post after buying my first transporter last year. These forums have been a good source of information, I hope someone might be able to help with these problem I'm now having!
I bought a 2000 (W reg) T4 last year. It has a Mk3 1.9 TDi engine in it and after lots of work and a new battery recently, it seemed as though I could see light at the end of the tunnel as it was running almost perfectly.

There are afew issues now that have just popped up;

• buzzing from dash/top of engine area (only whilst moving, it goes away when the clutch is down and gets worse when accelerating)
  • struggling to get up hills again
  • speedo needle not moving
  • irratic fuel needle
  • temperature needle not moving
I have had a new clutch, new turbo and new glow plugs (glow plugs wired to switch on dash) since buying the van, they replaced other parts but I'm not entirely sure exactly what. Also, the fuse box under the dash was buzzing when I bought it but that was one of the first issues that I had fixed and has been fine for over 6 months until today!

Hope that all made sense! I'm not a mechanic so go easy on me!

Thanks, Julia

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
who did the work? if yourself then you'd have an idea on diagnosing the issues?

theres many possibilities so no single answer:unsure:

Rich.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't do the work, I'm a Mum not a mechanic. I know there are many likely possibilities but at the moment I am sending myself down rabbit holes reading information that might not even be relevant so hoping someone here might be able to add afew ideas :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts