VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
How do you put them up? Do you have to manipulate them via the side windows? [since they rest on the window sills, i'm assuming they have to be erected with the doors shut. ]

Then, once they're in, how do you shut the window?

Plus How do the kiddies get into them? I can see how they'd work if you have a folding front seat - just fold it down and put the bunk in over the top - but if you don't have a folding seat, and you do have headrests, there's no way anyone can squeeze through to the front. Not in my van, anyway.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Trying to find a cab bunk myself. Anyone got any more pics of the bluebird one? I am struggling to work out how it works.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
How do you put them up? Do you have to manipulate them via the side windows? [since they rest on the window sills, i'm assuming they have to be erected with the doors shut. ]

Then, once they're in, how do you shut the window?

Plus How do the kiddies get into them? I can see how they'd work if you have a folding front seat - just fold it down and put the bunk in over the top - but if you don't have a folding seat, and you do have headrests, there's no way anyone can squeeze through to the front. Not in my van, anyway.
Yup, what he said, seems we posted at the same time

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I bought mine from from Gold dust on here and my daughter absolutely loves sleeping on it. Putting it in is easy, you simply open the passenger door and slide it in, then open the side loading and hold it in position whilst closing the passenger door. My daughter climbs up onto it from in the back. Kids are more flexible than us Oldies and love climbing, it just makes it more of an adventure for them.

At Oktoberfest I was trading next to Gold Dust who was making the bunks at the show and he sold out from what I can remember. Here is a link to his website http://vw-beds.com/index.html

·
Registered
632 Posts
I am looking at getting a cab bunk for my four year old. Was looking at these http://vw-beds.com/index.html

Had not seen the bluebird one. Was a bit worried about him rolling onto the car horn in the middle of the night. The bluebird one looks like it might prevent that problem, but maybe not so comfortable.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pm golddust on here he makes them. Cheaper than that.
thanks mate if your 12 year old can still fit i dont think i need to worry about a 6 year old. is yours from golddustT:

I bought mine from from Gold dust on here and my daughter absolutely loves sleeping on it. Putting it in is easy, you simply open the passenger door and slide it in, then open the side loading and hold it in position whilst closing the passenger door. My daughter climbs up onto it from in the back. Kids are more flexible than us Oldies and love climbing, it just makes it more of an adventure for them.

At Oktoberfest I was trading next to Gold Dust who was making the bunks at the show and he sold out from what I can remember. Here is a link to his website http://vw-beds.com/index.html
thanks for the link as these are the ones i was trying to findT:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Cheers chaps, my ones also come with a forum member discount! :D

They're suited to about 10 stone / 5ft so typically around 13/14 yrs is my recommended limit. Easy to quickly assemble outside the van (they screw together on threaded sections) then open the passenger door, rest it on the drivers window ledge and reach through the sliding door to support it while you close the passenger door. It rests on the window ledges and is easily accessed from within the van using a footstool if your child is small.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I've been wanting one of these after seeing fatheads at run to the hills! Thinking of the three kids in the van all on single bunks and a teardrop for me and the wife! Still just a dream! Still just builders van! Would these rest on the side(middle) and rear side window shelf/sills if you know what I mean?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts