VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a cab divider curtain for my caravelle, but don't want it there all the time. How can I fix it so it can be there on a temporary basis? I can't see anything to fix it to as don't think the headlining would take the weight. Just want to be able to divide the cab off for changing etc without having to get out thermal mats.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi, what ive done is glue some velcro to the plastic roof strip, sew some velcro onto divider, can attach or remove in secondsT: I added some toggles so could just roll up and toggle :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
well what i did was go and get one of those telescopic poles you know the ones that fit between the the windows in say the bathroom or kitchen you can get them in any shop that does curtains, they do different lenghts mate take the mesurement and get the closes to it then what you do is hold it up there and uscrew it till it tightens up there is rubber stoppers on the ends jobs a gooden saves you pounds mate they are not exspensive it worked for me see what you think T:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Just above , in front of th seat belt adjusters on mine , there are large grommets/ holes . I removed th grommets , and cut a pole , with a bent picture hook , as a locator , and put a curtain on th pole , using key rings ..!! Simple , cheap , lifts in and out , and gives privacy .. used it for years ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out CMC Motorhomes they do a purpose made curtain and rail that you can fix on to the headliner behind the plastic divider strip, it takes the weight no problem, and its as cheap as chips !

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hello. I bought some curtain rail from Just Kampers and screwed it into the reinforced bar on the roof. I then bought a set of curtains, enough to do all the windows in my Camper.

John.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi, what ive done is glue some velcro to the plastic roof strip, sew some velcro onto divider, can attach or remove in secondsT: I added some toggles so could just roll up and toggle :)
I like your idea of glueing velcro to the plastic roof strip.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Seen someone on here stretch a bungee cord between the two grab handles over the door and loop a blanket over it and over the back of the seats. Seemed cheap and effective A:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
In the splitty, I screwed some picture hanging D rings to the roof ( you only need 5 )

sewed some " curtain tape " to the divider curtain

then just used curtain hooks to hook over the D rings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts