VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the excellent nature of this forum, do I post this in the interior or conversion section... who knows?!

Anyway, does anyone have a cab divider curtain? Seen them at Vanstyle, Van-X etc but was wondering whether anyone had used any particular ones and what they thought about them? I have a pop top so may need to do some bodging to get it fitted correctly or are there any alternatives for pop top owners?? Already have external screen covers but wanted something for stealthy camping if I'm on my own out on a biking trip / getting changed at the beach etc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi DaveyB,
we fitted a cab curtain from Van-X to our van and we have a pop top, I fitted the rail to the end Bottom edge end of the bed board using 3M tape as I have a metal trim on the edge of the bed, then fitted press studs down both B posts on the van to tie the curtains back to when not in use, works very well when like you say you want to stealth camp and not fit your external screen covers, i‘ll try put some photos on to show what I mean the next time I pull the van out of the garage if you like.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks to the excellent nature of this forum, do I post this in the interior or conversion section... who knows?!

Anyway, does anyone have a cab divider curtain? Seen them at Vanstyle, Van-X etc but was wondering whether anyone had used any particular ones and what they thought about them? I have a pop top so may need to do some bodging to get it fitted correctly or are there any alternatives for pop top owners?? Already have external screen covers but wanted something for stealthy camping if I'm on my own out on a biking trip / getting changed at the beach etc.
I had initially put off the idea of a divider curtain but now you mention the stealth camping aspect it makes perfect sense. Tagging along to see if there's any recommendations.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi DaveyB,
we fitted a cab curtain from Van-X to our van and we have a pop top, I fitted the rail to the end Bottom edge end of the bed board using 3M tape as I have a metal trim on the edge of the bed, then fitted press studs down both B posts on the van to tie the curtains back to when not in use, works very well when like you say you want to stealth camp and not fit your external screen covers, i‘ll try put some photos on to show what I mean the next time I pull the van out of the garage if you like.
Cheers for the response. So if you lift the bed board up, do the curtains lift with it? Might need to think of something clever like a magentic rail I can just clip a curtain onto as and when needed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Davey,
yes mate they do lift when you lift the bed board up, you can lay them on front of the roof out of the way or if you sleep on bottom with the roof up they still close, or if you sleep 4 they separate the bottom from the top so when the 2 up top get up they can do so with out disturbing the 2 on the bottom if they get out of the 2 front doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts