VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this so bear with me!. I have a 99 t4 and I would like to install a diesel cab heater in the back. Anyone got any experience as to which one is best and where I can get one from?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Look in the T4 Conversions section, there's loads of info.

Personally I have an Eber D2 diesel heater in each of our vans and I am very happy with them (speak with forum member B1toots if you want one). Others opt for gas via a Propex heater.

There's loads of info.

Search Eberspacher or Propex or Webasto.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just fitted a d2 and it's great but I'm still in need of a exhaust silencer for it. Only downside is they can be more expensive than a webasto for parts and accessories.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Just fitted a d2 and it's great but I'm still in need of a exhaust silencer for it. Only downside is they can be more expensive than a webasto for parts and accessories.
If you can find one right dia, have a look at lawnmower silencers on ebay ;) You could save a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking at the erberspacher ones and they seem to have good reviews. I'll let you know what I pick. The misses wants to be warm lol! Anywhere local to oxford / Oxfordshire fit them does anyone know?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yesterday i fitted a propex heater myself in our T5 gp. It was a bigger job than expected but pretty easy. Have you considered fitting yourself? Heater cost £430 from just kampers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys!

Well got an Eber D2 in the end and fitted in time for our weekend away this Saturday. Although the weather is looking a bit milder! Vauxshop in Witney supplied and fitted it for me. £698 for the kit inc, and just a tad over £300 for fitting it. Early Christmas present and I'm well pleased! Yet to see how much fuel it burns, the misses likes to be hotter than the centre of the sun all year round....
Next job, cam-belts due at Easter....Humph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts