VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear cabin light doesn't come on when I unlock the doors! The one at the rear view mirror and the forward light come on, but not the rear. It works fine when switched to constant. I have swapped lights around so I am guessing this suggests a wiring or switch fault? Someone suggested that I check the switch at each door. Anybody else had this problem?

Cheers,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same fault.
The rear cabin light works off the back door. It does not come on when the drivers door of sliding door is opened. When you open the back door do you get a red boot open warning light on the dash to let you know the boot is open?
If not, it could be the micro-switch that detects if the door is open or closed. Take it out and clean it with switch cleaner.
In my case it was a bad earth wire. When I fixed the earth wire both my cabin light and number plate lights started working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check for the boot open light - not sure. It's the rear of the two ceiling lights that doesn't come on when the central locking is opened. The forward one and the one at the rear view mirror do come on. It works on constant however, but not on unlocking or opening the rear barn doors. Strange!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts