VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys anyone here use the cadac with pizza stone and had any success? We are finding the base is cooking far to quickly and the top is hardly done. We have followed the instructions of heating to 200 then letting it cool to 150 and putting cake flour on the base but still burns.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi Pothole, was thinking in a cadac myself ,other than issues with your pizza stone how is the cadac otherwise? :D

·
Super Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pothole, was thinking in a cadac myself ,other than issues with your pizza stone how is the cadac otherwise? :D
Great bit of kit, we have the carri chef 2 and have been very happy with it. Good tip the black tray where any fat drips into fill with water before cooking it makes it so much easier to clean T:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the safari chef. The smaller one. Would recommend but would be interested to see if anyone has much success with the pizza stone as I have had the same issue with burning the base and not cooking the top.

·
Super Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I’d go for the bigger one however couples I know seem to cope well enough on the safari. Check Gooutdoors for sales or if you find sharper elsewhere they will price match

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Guys anyone here use the cadac with pizza stone and had any success? We are finding the base is cooking far to quickly and the top is hardly done. We have followed the instructions of heating to 200 then letting it cool to 150 and putting cake flour on the base but still burns.
Try corn meal or polenta it might work...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts