VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Enjoyed reading through this and it's given me the kick up the backside I needed to get out and find myself a maxi. I've gone for the 2lt engine as the 1.9 and all the stories has scared me somewhat. Hope to collect it soon provided my T4 goes T:

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Enjoyed reading through this and it's given me the kick up the backside I needed to get out and find myself a maxi. I've gone for the 2lt engine as the 1.9 and all the stories has scared me somewhat. Hope to collect it soon provided my T4 goes T:
the 2.0L engine is the same block as the 1.9 but with a longer stroke to make less than 100cc more than the 1.9, the 2.0L also has dpf and is problematic in itself, ( so that makes the 1.9 a much better option for tuners ) DONT BE PUT OFF THE 1,9TDI through all you read because in actual turms of failure is less than 1% of engines built, seeing they go in the golf, passat, audi a3, skoda fabia, skoda octavia, the list is pretty extensive... lads i know are running some of these at 240bhp without issue..

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
what have you done as regards seat belts for the rear

cheers les:cool:
i dont carry passengers so didnt bother with belts, if i did carry passengers i would have fit the touran or combie back seat with proper volkswagen belts designed for that seat....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm in Brisbane Australia and have had Volkswagen's all my life. I've just bought a 2012 2L diesel long wheelbase Caddy and love it.

I am fabricating a set of drawers for the back with one full width drawer that rolls out the back doors and another that rolls out the passenger door. These will hold tools during the week and when i want to go away they will house camping gear. The side drawer is going to have a kitchenette while the back drawer will have everything else.

On top of this drawer system will be my mattress.

I will be doing a similar thing in the back with the full re-line and LED's i have also ran a power cord to the back when i ran the power wire for my tow bar and have fitted a dual USB charging outlet and power outlet on each side in the back. I'll probably have a house battery under the passengers seat with a dual charging system.
The drawers will be finished this week and i'll post some pics up then.

Love the site, cheers Stuart

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Hi Guys, I'm in Brisbane Australia and have had Volkswagen's all my life. I've just bought a 2012 2L diesel long wheelbase Caddy and love it.

I am fabricating a set of drawers for the back with one full width drawer that rolls out the back doors and another that rolls out the passenger door. These will hold tools during the week and when i want to go away they will house camping gear. The side drawer is going to have a kitchenette while the back drawer will have everything else.

On top of this drawer system will be my mattress.

I will be doing a similar thing in the back with the full re-line and LED's i have also ran a power cord to the back when i ran the power wire for my tow bar and have fitted a dual USB charging outlet and power outlet on each side in the back. I'll probably have a house battery under the passengers seat with a dual charging system.
The drawers will be finished this week and i'll post some pics up then.

Love the site, cheers Stuart
nice one stuart, get a thread started fella, always nice to see other peoples ideas and designs..

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
right then, brakes, need new pads and thought well i would do the lot, being mk5 golf platform and 312mm off same platform fits so here we have 2010 skoda vrs 170bhp octavia front callipers and carriers, ( same as mk5 gti ) just need sort some discs and pads and these will be my new stoppers..... just a note to others the caddy already has bigger than gti rears so all good that end...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Really like this. Always wondered about the potential of Caddys as my inlaws are thinking about a camper and I wondered if a T5 might be a bit too big for them.

Did kinda prefer the old wheel colour though and if it was me I'd lose all the stickers on the back and put the VW badge back on and keep it looking really clean but its really looking good!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #197 (Edited)
Really like this. Always wondered about the potential of Caddys as my inlaws are thinking about a camper and I wondered if a T5 might be a bit too big for them.

Did kinda prefer the old wheel colour though and if it was me I'd lose all the stickers on the back and put the VW badge back on and keep it looking really clean but its really looking good!
Funny you say that about the stickers as I'm thinking the same.. I've took most of them off apart from the darkside and spax and I haven't got a badge to put back in the door so il'e keep the cross for now....

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #199 (Edited)
181 - 200 of 231 Posts