VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

I'm sure you have said somewhere but I can't find it, how did you fit/seal your ply panels on the sides? Is it just silicone sealant or something else?

Thanks

Liam

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Hi there

I'm sure you have said somewhere but I can't find it, how did you fit/seal your ply panels on the sides? Is it just silicone sealant or something else?

Thanks

Liam
Without looking through myself I'm not sure if I did or didn't say what u used...
But it's sikaflex windscreen bonding gear.. Sikaflex, winbond, tiger seal, all mounts to the same thing really just brand names..

Hope that helps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sweet build fella, nice job...I have a set of new vw wheels that would look spot on on your caddy...just a thought...great thread Kev

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just read through the entire thread.

Looks good and I love that carpet material stuff, I wish I put it throughout my van when I built it for work purposes.

How do you find the material to work with? Is it forgiving?
When I saw you were taking all the panels off the inside of the van, I assumed that you would be insulating it quite well. Do you have any plans to insulate further? Personally, I've found a friends van rather cold without insulation, so I think you'll get quite cold at times.

I might be wrong though.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
right then, not been on in a while and this winter the caddy is getting an interior make over,, pale grey carpet is going in favor of dark anthracite, also the card panels are being replaced with alloy panels...

fitted rivnuts / nutserts in the OEM fixing points and they will be bolted in with stainless bolts and anodized / stainless csk washers to finish...

these are still to be cut for the rear quarter sliding door panels

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi ive been reading this thread from one end to another as Ive just started on ours.

Could I ask a question please? At the beginning of your thread you show a picture of your van stripped out but you have plyed the panels in the side. Are these panels just siliconed in? I can see on the rear doors that you have used little clips but i cant see any on the sides?

Seeing your thread has given me the courage to have a go myself. Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you so much for all your photos Chezzy. I have been referring over and over. Today I have finished carpet lining mine. I am quite proud of myself. I wanted to see if I could do it myself but did have to have some help as my arm span just wasnt long enough to get the first carpet run up but after that all my own work. Suprised how tired I am when all ive done is fit panels today.

Again Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first post on here!:D

Nice build Chezzy! Well done. I'm not exactly building a camper as my caddy is used for ( amongst other things of course) transporting my menagerie of border collies. Your replacing the masonite panels interests me as my dogs are scratching mine. Youmention using Rivnuts/nutinserts....I'm not familiar with these although I've been told they are available here where we are....any chance of posting pics of these please?!?;)

201 - 220 of 231 Posts