VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the interior of our Caddy as we got it:

And this is the same van as it stands now. Apologies about the dirty van, it was parked under a tree!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We use it mainly for touring round Europe (just did around 3K miles) so wanted comfy seats and a tidy interior. Leather steering wheel was a must for us. Since we have aircon, we didn't bother with electric windows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, we wanted to make it less van-line and clean it up a bit.

We travel round Europe, sometimes it's Italy and France, the last trip has been mainly round Germany and Poland. After playing up when we were setting off (one of the vacuum hoses cracked leaving us with no boost - luckily we sorted it out after pulling into motorway services), it has been fantastic even in the snow (we have a set of winter wheels with snow tyres). Admittedly, we have recently put a new camshaft on the van and it made a massive difference - the engine is smooth and you can hardly feel it when it's idling.

We added cruise control as it's a massive advantage on a long run. It's also just under 1.85m which means it is classified as a low vehicle for the Eurotunnel which means we don't have to book that early in advance.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
I'm looking at the tunnel any day now , fancy doing france,spain and maybe Portugal.....the missus fancies an all enclusive package holiday .:rolleyes:

I must admit the idea of not having to drive all that way has a certain appeal .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tunnel is the way forward. We hate having to go on a ferry (it takes ages, we haven't been on a ferry that doesn't stink or isn't sticky etc). You can use mobile Internet on Eurotunnel all the way to France and it only takes around 30 min.

My missus enjoys driving so it wasn't a major issue for us. We are also both afraid of flying (well, she doesn't like flying and I am scared of flying). When we went to Italy, we took the Timmelsjoch Pass (8116ft altitude) and we both wanted to drive (so we had to buy a return ticket). It was great fun.

Driving has one big advantage - we both like wine so we were able to buy the wines we liked and bring them home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts