VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of planning my conversion of a LWB T5

I want to add the twin fresh water tank kit from CAK and also internally fit either a Webasto Airtop or Eberspacher Airtronic under the driver's seat...

Does anyone know if that's possible or will the front water tank end up in the same place that the heater exhaust/inlet pipes need to go ?

I'm not sure that the 22 litre skirt tank on it's own is big enough for our needs and don't want to fit internal water tanks so, if the front tank does "interfere" with the heater, are there any other options for a bigger tank, especially as it's for a LWB ?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not sure if the inlets and outlets for an internally fitted heater will foul the front most twin skirt tank setup. However other options are to use the 30 litre tank that runs down the centre of the van...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131810006938&globalID=EBAY-GB

Or the 38 litre tank that fits near the spare wheel...

http://leisurelines.net/vw-t5-t6-waste-water-tank--fitting-kit-motorhome-conversion-4044-p.asp

Depends on what your plans are for waste water, as the tank near the spare wheel is often used for this.

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
If you fit the heater inside under the seat all that goes out underneath is 2 off 22mm flexible pipes & a 5mm ish fuel line.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am planning to use a waste water tank near the spare wheel, that 30 litre tank looks like a good option though, thanks :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi All
the solution to this is the wast tank that runs down centre, a fresh water which wraps around the spare then fit the heater under floor beneath drivers seat:ILU:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you fit the heater inside under the seat all that goes out underneath is 2 off 22mm flexible pipes & a 5mm ish fuel line.
I'd decided that is the way to go, my concern really is/was is there enough room for the pipes (one of which is an exhaust and presumably hot) to safely clear the frontmost of the two CAK tanks.

·
2,759 Posts
I'd decided that is the way to go, my concern really is/was is there enough room for the pipes (one of which is an exhaust and presumably hot) to safely clear the frontmost of the two CAK tanks.
Well you can route the exhaust wherever you want, I don't think it will ever be anywhere near a side mounted tank. My waste water tank is down the middle about 40mm from the engine exhaust with no problems.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Interested to know if it does clear the Eber. I've got one in the drivers seat base and considering the front CAK tank.

We've got a 60ish litre tank at the back infront of the spare wheel. Autocraft leisure I think is where we got it.

Don't think I could fit the centre tank as we've got a twin slider.

·
2,759 Posts
Don't think I could fit the centre tank as we've got a twin slider.
Centre tank as in down the middle next to the exhaust? Why not, I've got a centre tank with a twin slider, the only time you can't fit one is with 4Motion.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Centre tank as in down the middle next to the exhaust? Why not, I've got a centre tank with a twin slider, the only time you can't fit one is with 4Motion.
Yeah that one. That's good to know cheers, I thought the door step was in the way. The middle one is bigger too I think :)

·
2,759 Posts
Yeah that one. That's good to know cheers, I thought the door step was in the way. The middle one is bigger too I think :)
No it's nowhere near the step, it's only about 9" square ish, quite easy to fit as well as there are m8 fixings there already that can be used, unlike the one round the spare wheel which was a real PITA.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
No it's nowhere near the step, it's only about 9" square ish, quite easy to fit as well as there are m8 fixings there already that can be used, unlike the one round the spare wheel which was a real PITA.
T:

Great. I'll add it to my to do list. You didn't take any photos by any chance when you fitted yours?

I'm trying to extend our self sufficiency time. We can do 4 days but it gets a bit tight if we do a lot of walking / biking etc as we drink so much.

I'm hoping to add hot water for a shower at some point too.

(Just got a house to finish first before I can get onto playing with the van again).

·
2,759 Posts
T:

Great. I'll add it to my to do list. You didn't take any photos by any chance when you fitted yours?

I'm trying to extend our self sufficiency time. We can do 4 days but it gets a bit tight if we do a lot of walking / biking etc as we drink so much.

I'm hoping to add hot water for a shower at some point too.

(Just got a house to finish first before I can get onto playing with the van again).
Sorry no I didn't take any pics, I just took one from the back but you can't really see it. I'm pretty sure I Googled it & something came up, mine's a W108 tank, if you search for that you need to include something about T5 or camper or all you'll get is Mercedes fuel tanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts