VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just tried to offer up my new CAK 203 waste tank that fits in front of the spare wheel and the inlet is less than 2" from the exhaust ... adding waste pipe will actually foul the exhaust ...... there's no one in at CAK to talk to on Sunday so will have to call Monday.

Anyone here tried one of these ?

Any advice ?

**** :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have fitted the tanks - it should go in ok. Let me know if you are still struggling as I will be able to take a picture if need be.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer JMF .... that would be a great help ... but read on ....

I spoke to the techie guy at CAK today and he is due to send me some info and photos of the install - not got it yet tho - from the conversation it sounds like VW may .... thats MAY .... have moved things around under there .... me vans only 1 month old you see.

He says they have shipped many of these to individuals and converters with no probs.

I've been scrabbling about in the wet gutter this eve taking photos for CAK ... so bank that offer if you would subject to what they come up with.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
mine was tight to the exhaust, but it is a tight fit, but it will fit, you have to go tight in to the inlet, the hole inside didnt foul my bed (rock and roll) but it may foul the operation of other beds.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave up :eek:

I returned the tank to CAK for refund with no problems or arguments .... just cost me £13 postage .... I am looking at a cunning plan B for my waste tank

Option B1 is to use a very stiff but collapsible water tank in one of the voids under the van behind the drivers seat so no need to ruin the undertrays . just a small hole for the drain tap.... cost a fiver so worth a punt.

And if that is a failure option B2 is to fabricate my own from PVC sheet from http://www.directplasticsonline.co.uk/PVCSheet/5mm/ :confused:

Thanks for the comments tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone out there?

I bought the CAK waste tank for my LWB T5, but I am not having much luck with the Y shaped steel metal fixing bracket. Is anyone who has installed one of these got a pic of how they fixed the Y bracket to the chassis of the vehicle? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts