VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a california rail fitted to the van and stumped up for the matching vw retainer. Now ive got a fig of 8 strip which came with the kyham awning but believe i need a kador strip to make life easier when lining up..... is there a specific size kador strip to fit the vw retainer??? It seems there is more than one size available and i dont want to buy the wrong one!!!I:
Dave

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Could you not use a pole and clamp on your awning, if you can use that method, i use it on my outwell and find it loads easier than a kador if you are planning on using the van a lotT:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been thinking about the pole and clamp but I have no experience of either method?
I guess the retainer strip is designed for poll and clamp too?
Any thoughts peeps?
D

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Pole and clamp system gets my vote, used it with Reimo multirail and with Cali rail with the extra retainer strip. Far easier to reconnect after a drive away trip.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Its the best way by far, before i fitted my calli rail i had the roof prep pack rail and i have no idea how me and the mrs are still togetherI:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cor Blimey !!! There's quite a few on here with the rail has nobody connected an awning to it!!!!
:) d
Hi having trouble finding answer to the question I have just put two Cali rails on camper can I connect straight to the rail on van I do have one slide in retainer but would like to know the options for with and without cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cor Blimey !!! There's quite a few on here with the rail has nobody connected an awning to it!!!!
:) d
Hi having trouble finding answer to the question I have just put two Cali rails on camper can I connect straight to the rail on van I do have one slide in retainer but would like to know the options for with and without cheers
Also sizes of kador etc

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have just fixed 2 rails also. I used the rubber strip to hold my awning to the van on one side. I found that the rubber slides nicely into the Cali rail but it grips quite tightly to the awning bead, too tightly to slide it through when returning to site. Instead I found that with the van lined up correctly it was possible to push the awning bead into the rubber strip by pushing it open slightly then when the whole length was attached it was held quite firmly in place. The alternative might me to wax/lubricate the awning bead enough to allow the rubber to slide in the rail and awning at the same time much like a kador strip but I haven't tried this.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If it is any help look at thr khyam website connecting khyam to wind out awning.
Maybe diferent ends but it shows kador strip and fig8 , my wind out has 4mil slot and the vw rail has 7mil slot, confusing yeh!!
:D:D:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
If it is any help look at thr khyam website connecting khyam to wind out awning.
Maybe diferent ends but it shows kador strip and fig8 , my wind out has 4mil slot and the vw rail has 7mil slot, confusing yeh!!
:D:D:D
Looked on khyam website no use as not got a cali awning I want to atatch a double kador then fig 8 to actual awning (motordome classic quick erect ) so is it 7mm in to actual rail or in to rubber that slides in to rail or can I use kador on either
If all that makes sense

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
the kador usually attaches to van and the fig8 links between van and awning if that makes sense.T:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Could you not use a pole and clamp on your awning, if you can use that method, i use it on my outwell and find it loads easier than a kador if you are planning on using the van a lotT:
Spot on advice I copied what you had done using the pole and clamp on my outwell country rd found it unbelievably easy A:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts