VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all your knowledge is required.
:*
I want a Omnistor awning required in black, can anyone tell me if the california one fits on both sides of the van and if not have they different part numbers??

Next question does anyone know the part numbers for awning. brackets & handle? i want the brackets to go on the cali rail if possible.

Are they only available from VW or will TPS sell them :*:*:*:*:*

·
Registered
579 Posts
Omnistor awning will fit on either side of the van BUT VW only have brackets to mount it to a Cali rail and pop top assy for the driver’s side of a van (uk rhd)
I’m not saying its impossible ( I have made one fit the passenger’s side) but it’s a proper ball ache to do it with VW bits.
Omnistor is owned by Thule now and they do a black one for the T5 but only to fit a van roof. The licencing deal they have with VW means if you want one for a Cali you have to get it from a dealer.

http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products...tor-5102-_-thule omnistor 5102 anthracite new
brackets
http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products...d-awnings-_-adapters for roof mounted awnings

My install on the passenger side using modified VW cali brackets
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2171928&postcount=3

7H7.877.238.B front bracket
7H7.877.238.C rear bracket

·
Registered
453 Posts
My Omnistor is the black Cali version. Mounted on the nearside and i personally would rather it that way around because you can roll it out with the sliding door open as the winder is at the front. Anything is possible, speak to Colin at SW Campers,he fitted mine.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sorry, didn't read the thread properly. My awning is fitted directly to the van as i wanted it as close to the side as possible so didn't require a rail.

·
Registered
579 Posts
My Omnistor is the black Cali version. Mounted on the nearside and i personally would rather it that way around because you can roll it out with the sliding door open as the winder is at the front. Anything is possible, speak to Colin at SW Campers,he fitted mine.
Its a good looking van that Rob T:
What kit have you lowered it with and is the sportline spoiler a VW one ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi Phil, thanks for the comments. It is a genuine spoiler yes and it's lowered on Sportline springs (-30mm) which i think is plenty. I like to keep everything as genuine as possible (it fits). Been down the spurious route before and personally don't think it pays.

Rob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to bring up and old thread but I've been given a california roll out awning but with no brackets and I want to fit it as close to the van as possible. I've got a HiLo roof fitted so have plenty of metal to attach the roller to.

How did you attach yours to the van?

Cheers

Jamie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts