VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have picked up California tailgate with the deck chair holder built inside of it, does anyone have a diagram of fitment, I have fitted seems all ok but doesn't sit quite right across the top across the middle, just want to check thanks......:*

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might have missed a few of the flat clips across the top. Did you have a good look at all the clip conditions and how it fitted before you started to fit it?
Hi I've got the six clips across the top, but you have to force the top in towards tailgate, and they pop back again, the clips looked ok but trouble is I just got sent it as a pile of bits, so nothing to reference it to, I have the two top L brackets and bottom brackets fixed to top of tailgate backboard, but you really do have to force it back, I don't think it should be that hard to clip in.......:)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It shouldn't. Can you post up some pics of the problems your getting?
Hi thanks heres some pics, this one is from the top looking down at bottom panel, but every time I push it back it just pops out again, but you really do have to put your whole weight on it, I can't see how it should be that hard..

And this one is from the side looking at the same area the top of the bottom panel

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a bolt each side at the top which goes through the hole in the side of the bottom panel and then through onto metal L bracket, and threads into the pull up blind housing, this is where when I try to push top of bottom panel inwards it seems to be rocking on this, and stopping it from going towards where rear window should be, have I done right by putting a bolt through that hole in the side of bottom panel and through L bracket into blind, thanks........:)

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
I would have thought it would have used several flat plastic locator clips across the top (on the trim panel) that fit into metal clips on the tailgate along with about 2 dozen slightly sprung, expanding, plastic hidden trim fasteners all th way round the trim panel (these will have a white tip.). These should locate into holes all around the tailgate. I have never done a Cali tailgate panel but am likening the procedure to a caravelle trim panel which at a guess will be very similar.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would have thought it would have used several flat plastic locator clips across the top (on the trim panel) that fit into metal clips on the tailgate along with about 2 dozen slightly sprung, expanding, plastic hidden trim fasteners all th way round the trim panel (these will have a white tip.). These should locate into holes all around the tailgate. I have never done a Cali tailgate panel but am likening the procedure to a caravelle trim panel which at a guess will be very similar.
Thanks Jonny, I've got loads of bits and pieces in a box it came in, trouble is knowing whats what, I think you have a real good point about the clips, I will rip it all out tomorrow and spend a lot more time on it, think its best to start again from scratch, thanks for your help, I will post a pic up of it when its done hopefully, if not a pic of it axed to death in the drive..........:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
No worries. If it does have the expanding plastic clips make sure you exam in them for damage v carefully and make sure they are NOT in their expanded state before you try to fit the panel. If there are broken ones order more from tps they are about 70p I have the Product code somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts