VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right on!!!!!!

So im looking at upgrading me headunit...... I have an iphone and want a headunit that i can run me iphone through but also be able to watch tv movies from my iphone on a screen in the van..............:cool:

so what are my options which headunit to get???

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
matt I got a kenwood headunit with flip up screen, you need to get a lead to connect your ipod but you can play video straight from your ipod.
it also plays dvd, has aux in for console or tv tuner, or you can buy a kenwood tv tuner as well, can add on a bluetooth kit as well

some photo's here
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28763

or you can have a look at jamboT:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nice one crosser................. i like the look of the ida x001 by alpine but dont knew if i can play video from the ipod through it and on to another screen???

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
nice one crosser................. i like the look of the ida x001 by alpine but dont kniw if i can play video from the ipod through it and on to another screen???
hi mate we as a family have bought all sorts of gear from this place good to deal with & dont think anyone else is cheaper

caraudiosecurity.com T:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want a 5'10" Brunette 36dd 24 flat head and false teeth.........

english speaker not essential................must be able to T-cut and wax;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
you can plug a composite video cable straight from your ipod to a vga convertor then into a 12v tft screen. it's one way of doing it. Means if you buy one of the cheap screens off here and you already have an ipod and stereo with aux in then you can watch movies for about £40!

·
Registered
530 Posts

I have the later version of the ida x-001 and its great but it dont play video through the screen, but has the capbility to do the bluetooth stuff and works a treat with all ipod/iphones. Pretty sure you can buy a little screen that sits on dash and plugs into the back of the headunit to display videos, looks damned good in the dash too. Shop around and you can probs find one cheap, probably the best ipod interfacing headunit imho :ILU: You should be able to ask alpine tech to confirm about the extra screen capability

1 - 10 of 10 Posts