VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys just got off the phone to my local Veebub customs garage (not the actual name)

ive told him i want the following work done

-Bumpers Colour coded including molding a front slitter before hand

-mirrors and door handles color coded

-rear spoiler molded and sprayed

-badboy bonnet created and resprayed

Hes told me i to aim off £950-£1050

your thoughts on this before i go ahead and agree??

Van is a T5 2008 T26 Off road Grey

Steve :ILU:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Guys just got off the phone to my local Veebub customs garage (not the actual name)

ive told him i want the following work done

-Bumpers Colour coded including molding a front slitter before hand

-mirrors and door handles color coded

-rear spoiler molded and sprayed

-badboy bonnet created and resprayed

Hes told me i to aim off £950-£1050

your thoughts on this before i go ahead and agree??

Van is a T5 2008 T26 Off road Grey

Steve :ILU:
Well if you work on the average bumper colour coding without splitter(moulding on? bonding?) would be £400-£600

Rear spolier just to paint and fit would be £100

Bad boy bonnet, depending on the bodyshops hourly rate but relistically this would take about 4 hrs to make the panel and fit and then painting- roughly £300-400

Colour coding mirrors and door handles aren't that labour intensive so say £100

Looking at the figures they are talking about its not a mile off really.

Hope this helps?
*<:)>

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
looking though that lot for a paint shop that's about the going rate unless you get get mates rates and I doubt you could get it for less than £600-750

So looking at it and you want it to last it's still not a bad price. Just make sure they understand about the paint on plastic bumpers and it might come off if it's not done right. I am sure they know what there doing. Just years of these vans having silicone sprayed on the grey bumpers to make them look nice and new.. trouble is the paint then is a bugger to stick to it..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

its VW Technics i went in to the bodyshop and saw a few old skool Vw bus's with the V down the front that hes just sprayed and looks goof, plus hes just had a Vw Bug in one of the Vw Magazines, a green one and he seems like hes all about getting it done right, well after the input you have said i will go ahead and book myself in YESS!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts