VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am in Australia and will be back in the UK soon. I want to know if I bring my ECU out of my 2006 T5 AXE with me and have the DPF/EGR and speed limiter, if it has one, deleted from the software?

I can then blank the EGR and get a DPF delete pipe and fit it when I get back.

Can any one recommend someone that can do this for me?

Cheers T:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Why not just get it remapped when you get here? It won't be a different. Rather than bring the ecu and having to buy another one. Be cheaper just to get it mapped here

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you read the post properly mate I: Why will I have to get another ECU??? I will bring it back to Australia and put it back on my van.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Quality forum interaction
I:I:I:I:I:I:
Makes me laugh I keep reading it back trying to get where he's picking up that train of thought cant see it.
I can sort the ecu out if req still, when you back? And where do you fly into.
Doubt it will have DPF at that year but OZ could be different, limiter and egr is fine too.

·
Previously; Trikemania
351 Posts
Now there's an idea, well done that man.A:

In France we are not allowed to do these things,

But if I flew to England with the ECU (where is it)?

got it done/fixed and refitted it............. who would know?
I:

Birthday next month,

idea for a pressie for me......, No I mean for the van.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol yeah didn't read the last bit about going back with it :)

Seems a bit long winded, get you just get it mapped there?
Because everything is so overpriced here and diesels aren't as popular here, only the last 10 years or so, so I haven't found anyone that can do it who won't charge an arm and a leg for it. The stuff they offer are plug and play modules, not many will reprogram the software itself.

I payed $900 - £600 for the glow plugs to be replaced!!!

So for me to get it done there by someone who knows what they are doing and I will have more trust in them than someone here, carrying my ecu in my luggage isn't really all that big a deal. T:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I:I:I:I:I:I:
Makes me laugh I keep reading it back trying to get where he's picking up that train of thought cant see it.
I can sort the ecu out if req still, when you back? And where do you fly into.
Doubt it will have DPF at that year but OZ could be different, limiter and egr is fine too.
Back in August and fly into Heathrow. Will be there for 3 weeks and will be in Norfolk. The mechanic who did the glow plugs and charged $900!! reckoned that it had a DPF, I thought it didn't.

It's illegal to remove the CAT or DPF here but then again the PINK slip which is a yearly check doesn't even carry out an emissions test and the mechanic I go to just writes me out the slip so I can get the road tax without even looking at the vehicle, so I can't see how they will ever find out I've had it done T:

What would it cost to get this done mate?

Cheers

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I:

Birthday next month,

There is always a way around everything pal I:
DPF and Cat put a lot of back pressure on the turbo which causes problems. Best get rid of them and save the costly replacement bills

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Because everything is so overpriced here and diesels aren't as popular here, only the last 10 years or so, so I haven't found anyone that can do it who won't charge an arm and a leg for it. The stuff they offer are plug and play modules, not many will reprogram the software itself.

So for me to get it done there by someone who knows what they are doing and I will have more trust in them than someone here, carrying my ecu in my luggage isn't really all that big a deal. T:
I see a business exportunity er:)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

Woah!!! 600!!

Yeah that makes sense lol

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

I:

Birthday next month,

Quote Quote: But if I flew to England with the ECU (where is it)?

England is just across the Channel, next to Wales and just below Scotland.

·
Super Moderator
9,190 Posts
Would it just be easier to buy the equipment to upload the maps to your van :* you could then offer the service and buy the maps on line. Use your van as a tester :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts