VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Nick Davis rocks! Good to see him and Nicola Butler give the yanky doogle dandies a run for their money! All this talk of boarding is driving me crazy I broke my femur beginning of June wakeskating and I'm well ****** about missing a summers riding! musan't grumble gives me more time to think of extra van mods!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
i've been wakeboarding today at Nottingham cable. Amazing day. I really want to get down to you guys at Grendon and have a go behind your boat. Just put some audios on my clash. They are sweet. I'll try and get down to the wake weekend. Will have to bring the family along. You up for it Will?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
anyway calling all wakeboarders:ILU:
yes well said Will!

Missed yo today dude. You about thursday? if the weather is good we are taking the boat to Charnwood. :ILU:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Grendon Lakes in Northampton are having a "Wakeboard Weekender" on 21st - 23 August.

This is basically a relaxed weekend of Wakeboarding, Music, Camping, and I would assume some drinking.

I don't know many details as yet as I have nothing to do with the organising of it. However I will find some out and put them on here if anyone is interested.

It is a great place to ride. We have a Super Air Nautique 210. And a Mastecraft X2. (not the new shape tho).
Is any one going to be doing any lessons at that weekend as I would be interested in that.
On another note do you think they would be up for towing a kayak behind one of the boats.
Some of my mates did that at Grendon a few years back. The photos of them going of the ramp looked like funI:

I do a bit of work at Grendon Hall just down the road so will keep an eye out for any vansT:

·
Registered
281 Posts
sorry tidyt, i had a bad day on the water and ended up ranting on here.

I was watching some SUP wake boarding on youtube, has anyone tried it, looks really interesting riding the bow wave for as long as you want. Got a SUP for a paddle on nice days but they are really versatile (until you try to get out on a beach break though :*)

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
yes well said Will!

Missed yo today dude. You about thursday? if the weather is good we are taking the boat to Charnwood. :ILU:
Fitting windows on thur dude sorry :( also feel like i have been beaten up from the last session.

Would love to get some boat time in though, maybe the window fairy can get them done on wed instead. will give you a text dude:ILU:

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
sorry tidyt, i had a bad day on the water and ended up ranting on here.

I was watching some SUP wake boarding on youtube, has anyone tried it, looks really interesting riding the bow wave for as long as you want. Got a SUP for a paddle on nice days but they are really versatile (until you try to get out on a beach break though :*)
no prob dude:ILU:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here are the details of the weekend that I mentioned. It would be great to see a load of vans parked up on the grass while driving the boat.

I think the only thing that has been missed out below is the cost of Wakeboarding. Its £20 for 20 mins. All equipment included.

Thanks

Ricky

Host:
Paul Williamson
Type:
Party - Night of Mayhem
Network:
Global
Start Time:
Friday, August 21, 2009 at 5:00pm
End Time:
Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 5:00pm
Phone:
Description
Hi all,

Great to see so many of you are coming down for the Wakeboard Weekender; as promised we thought it was about time to send out a little update on proceedings and what we need you to do!!!

We have got 2 of the best Wakeboard Boats available (a Mastercraft X2 Wakeboard edition and a super Air Nautique), a winching session on Saturday, fire dancing, a host of DJ’s and live music late afternoon/evening as well as a weekend of camping and general chaos.

Loads of you have said you want a go behind the boat which is great and we have booked it for most of the weekend but I do need to confirm the booking ASAP so we don’t get charged for time we don’t need. Please could you email/call me and let me know whether you would like to book some time on the water; otherwise we can’t guarantee you a go. Each boat tow is £20. We got over 40 people out on the water last year so let’s beat that!

There is excellent tuition for those of you who haven’t had a go before or need a little refresher, and all the equipment is available and included in your tow charge (wet-suits, impact vests, and wakeboards), so thats taken care of.

To cover the camping and party we ask £10 per person which we can sort out on the day.

The Clubhouse will also be serving food throughout the weekend and has showers etc for those of you camping.

So what’s going on!

Friday

Everyone is welcome on the Friday night, I know quite a few of you are planning on making a weekend of it which is great. We will be getting down there in the afternoon so everyone is welcome at any time. In the evening we will be having a BBQ at the Campsite (bring some food), Music etc! We have also booked the boats for a few hours so if you fancy a tow let me know, there are a few of us who will be going out. We may even be getting the doughnuts out for a ringo challenge!

Saturday

In addition to the boats being booked for most of the day and the wakeboarding for all of us, we will hopefully have some pro-wake boarders doing a little demo run for us in the afternoon, an Apache Winching session on one end of the lake for those who fancy a bit of wake skating.

For music we have the Shanti Soundsystem making an appearance, Derby's finest on the decks, and Libby's Drive providing the live music in the evening. There will be a BBQ available at the clubhouse.

Sunday

We have booked the boats for the morning; there is food in the clubhouse and camping for those who fancy staying on for some more time!

Give me a shout on 07971 263 439 if you have any questions or want to book some time on the boat.

Cheers,
Paul

41 - 53 of 53 Posts