VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyone know of a cider farm I can camp on in Somerset? GOing back home to Bristol for a few days and want to get drunk in a field somewhere and roll amongst the corn.

Somewhere with basic facilities as we have friends who will be in a tent plus a working farm that does a tour and sell the good stuff by the barrel..

Cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
How'z about this 'un not been there me-self and its abit of a wayz out a bizzle, and mixed reviews about the cider
(someone said they preferred Strong:*bow.............:eek: the heathens)

Henry's Farmhouse Scrumpy
Dawn Pring
Tanpits Cider Farm
Dyers Lane
Bathpool
Taunton
TA2 8BZ

Tel: 01823 270663

Cider making was started here in 1912 by Henry's grandfather. The yard is filled with old cider making equipment and other farm machinery. The Farmhouse Cider is naturally fermented and served from oak barrels. With forty acres of cider orchard this is a very pleasant camping site. Just at the bottom of the lane is the idyllic Taunton Canal. The Tacchi Morris Arts Centre is just up the road.

Directions: Off the M5 at Junction 25. Then follow the A38 north for a mile or two and turn left. Follow the brown caravanning and camping signs.

Open: Mon-Sat 8.30-6pm. Local honey from the orchards is also available.

Alternatively there is always Thatchers out at Churchill, not sure you can camp there but its on yer way to Brean, lots of camp sites there and a great cafe at Brean Down, to feed yer hangover at!

Happy Guzzling

ALL together know, Drink up ye cyder, drink up ye cider,

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not been to that one...which is surprising as i am just down the road but vickerys Cider is good....and also a dahm fine carb cleaner if you need to do some servicingLOL:

Or there is ashill cider... You drive up and beep and the old guy comes whizzing up on his mobility scooter and serves you... also is cheaper if you take ya own bottle...dosnt matter what kind of bottle he will fill a jerry can if you want..
Not sure about camping at these places but they are farms so if you ask might let you crash in a field....have fun..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts