VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Liverpool.
Before you ask. The answer is yes. I do have my shell suit on and my mates are all called Ba an Tez. Thats where it ends though cos I have no no hair and deffo no Muzzie. lol.
Jokin aside. I have been a bit of a petrol head since before I could drive and have been building/fixing/restoring (some say stealing) Triumph Stags and TR7/8s for the last 20 odd years. Yes. I'm a glutton for punishment.
You may be thinking whats that got to with T4s? (you may also be thinking and wishing that this scouser would go away). Stay with me. I like a story. The T4 connection comes about because I fancy one. Its not something that I decided one morning when I woke up.
It all started many many years ago when I went to Newquay and accidently stumbled upon Run to the sun. I think it was about 1992. Fast forward to the present and me and mrs never-stop-torquing have only missed 2 Run to the sun events since and have ventured to many different shows throughout the year but mainly classic car themed.
We had a rat look Talbot Express Camper. It wasn't meant to look like that but it was really shirt with a silent R. It served us well and did what it was meant to do but in Jan this year, I decided to sell it on. I'm old now and really couldn't be bothered climbing underneath it every year attacking it with my Mig for Mot work and struggling to find spares for it. We decided we wanted to replace it with something a bit more modern and decided after driving a T4 work van that it ticked all the boxes.
Now i'm green behind the ears when it comes to VWs. I know some don't have radiators and some have Engines in the rear. I know some sit high but the coolest ones sit low and I know they are more a way of life and part of the family to some people.
I'm hoping to steal (typical scouse phrase. lol) some advice from you out there over choice of van when I find one and what the things are to look out for.
Our present cars at the moment only go into a Garage once a year for an MOT. If anything is wrong then its me who sorts it so i'm kinda looking forward to getting to grips with something different. Likewise, if any members need any Triumph/MX5/Lexus servicing tips then give me a yell.
Anyway. i'm off now to see my probation officer and to sign on. T:

Jonny.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome mate!

Great sense of humour goes a long way!

Subcribe and you get loads more info. T:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum T:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
What a great first postA: Lets hope theres loads more like thatT:

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy.

Tra:)

·
Banned
310 Posts
Hi Jonny
Welcome to the forum. If you have a look in regional meets /north west we are planning a trip to Ainsdale beach on the 28th come along and have a chat.
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome Jonny, always nice to see new members, and looks like you can talk a bit, you have come to the right place
All the best

Carl

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it seems like all the T4s are all miles an miles away from here. Looks like i'm gonna have to go searching further afield.
I'm hooked on LPG (despite being a scouser, thats not a dislexic way of spelling LSD.) so im really after a petrol van that may have had a conversion or looking for info on how well (or not) they take to Champagne fuel for Supermarket Lager money.
If anyone has any experience of Gas powered T4s then please feel free to share it with me. :)

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I must apologise before I go any further. I have signed up. Yes, I used Paypal and despite my background, it is my own account so you good people will have to put up with my witterings for a bit longer. (maybe a lot longer)
I'm going to tour the site now to see if anyone has any good deals goin around. lol. I:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts