VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to kick up a big fuss, but its noticable that there is a bit of tension / conflict of opinions between traders.

The forum is a pretty friendly place, and its bad enough with the odd battle between posters, but it doesnt look good when traders get involved.

I know most of us have conflicting commercial interests, and we pay on here are traders, and as such, are free to promote and advertise our products - some do so more than others and thats perfectly acceptable (well I assume it is;)).

However, most of the traders I can think of, were normal members on here before they added their trader account. As such, they are T4 / T5 enthusiast first and traders second.
When a member posts a question about the best product for 'x', or a company to do 'y', you may well give advice, you may even promote your own product to satisfy that persons need.
However, it may be that another trader has slightly different opinions or even products that will suit the same application. If the post was started by you to promote your product then I dont think any other trader should comment within that post (unless its an endorsementT:). But if the post was made by a third party then its very difficult to come in as a second trader yet offer a different opinion to the first trader without creating a conflict or making them look stupid(obviously if you make them look stupid they may want to return the favour).
There have been occassions where I have wanted to post a conflicting opinion in order to properly advise the person who asked the question, but end up remaining silent so as not to offend another trader.
At the end of the day, we all serve the same community, and have different approaches to most jobs. Some good, some bad, some even dangerous. Obviously there are some regulations that are hard and fast, but most of the things we do are all based on idividual opinions and methods of working.

Its not my desire to slate anyone particular business or product, but if someone asks a question that needs answering - albeit with a delicately worded reply, then although it may take a while to word it correctly I think as a fellow forum user I should still do it (But without any naming / shaming etc) - I am not even sure I should write this post, but I do think the traders should stick together a bit....or at least reaslise where conflicts exist, and go easy. Its too easy for things to kick off on a forum.

Just remember most peoples opinions are usually worth what you paid for themI:.

I am not sure if there is a solution to this or even if its a problem - Discuss?

I hope no one is offended, and hope to have a beer and a chat at shows - even with the converters;).

Cheers
Ed

·
Banned
300 Posts
Quite easy to get dragged into stuff as everyone will no .

It gets on my t*ts when i see other traders slating there opositions product at the end of the day you can only watch it happen so many times when you have tried and tested there product for yourself .

Everyone has freedom of speach its just a case of trying to hold onto your tounge from time to time admitidtly something am not to good at .

Everyones out there to make a profit otherwise they would just go get a 9 to 5 job , members will decide on what they want to purchase a lot of the time by word of mouth which i feel others slating them or giving incorect info on the product conflicts them .

i would rather support other traders than joe blogs selling bits here and there never no when you need to call a favour in swings and rounderbouts .

every day is always a learning curve no matter how long you have been in the game .

and if i read crash tested again am going to scream we all no what beds have and have not been tested i for one wish there was more choice out there of beds that had been tested and look forward to news for ed-j on the bed thats just gone in the T5 as been putting my van off for to bloody long LOL:
#

happy trading

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
T:WELL PUT !!! Theres enough vw trade out there for everyone ,each to there own ,this time next year rodneyT:

·
6,678 Posts
I totally agree.

I'm not saying any more other than that I will not post on another traders thread with conflicting advice as this has been done to me and has decimated alot of my work and effort.

Keep it real.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts