VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished converting my t5 and off to france on the ferry do i need a sticker on the back for LPG and is there a size limit for bottled gas i was thinking of taking a 13kg bottle of propane with me on my trip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Always good to be on the safe side. I work in Germany and the police have a auto bahn checking policy and its quite likely you could be stopped as they are always checking the weight of vehicles for overloading. Also check with the ferry companies as they have a policy for shipping of hazarous goods. Normally a small single unit would not be a problem but you can always ask the AA or you local fire brigade and the ferry companies for adive. I have done and passed my hazmat course a few years back this is when you display the orange board and you must hold a current hazmat certificate. As yours is only a small quanity I would not worry too much as I have never seen a caravan over here with a orange board.
and I have lived in europe for over 12 years. I would always say go with what you need not what you want if that makes sense. I hope this is a little bit of help but if not I can always look up some sights for you.
Bye for now and enjoy the holiday

·
Registered
588 Posts
Been working with HAZMAT for most of my life, the magic number is 333 litres and then its full blown ADR for class 2 gases. It clearly states that there is no requirement for campers/caravans to display anything including a warning diamond for Class 2 flammable gases. . This would only attract attention. It also states that as long as a cooker is in the vehicle there is no restriction as this only applies for commercial transport. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts