VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am soon to be changing my timing belt, tensioner, sprocket, stretch bolt and water pump, Whilst checking over everything I noticed a bit of oil down that side of the engine and around the pulleys, not a lot, but it has been cleaner.

In with my order I got some seals for the cam and crank shafts seeing as it is all off and due to a bit (or a lot) of advice from a helpful member on here advising me to change them.

Just wondered how hard these are to take off and replace? Haven't got a clue how they are fitted? just pushed in to place? held in by a 'c' clip?

Thanks for any help,

LiamT:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the 2.5 and 1.9td crank seal the same? If not is it still the same procedure?

Carefully pick it out and use use a tool similar to what was made to slide it back in evenly. Is it the same for the camshaft seal?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My intermidiate shaft seal for the oil pump was the offender, but i changed all 3. Nice easy job as i am doing a belt change, just have to be carful not to damage the surrounding area removing the old seals.

Removed my sprocket to reveal a new looking woodruff key, will sort the pump timing out as the new belt goes on and fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts