VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So cam belt snapped today so I've decided to strip her down and have a look at the damage myself. Is there anything I should be looking for, upgrade or take into consideration while I'm stripping down and rebuilding :*

Reckon I'm gonna have to get the mrs golf on the road to drive round so not bothered if it takes a month or two T:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Head off and don't turn the engine anymore!!! All will be revealed from there.....

And take photos as you go, helps in weeks to come!

10,824 Posts
So cam belt snapped today so I've decided to strip her down and have a look at the damage myself. Is there anything I should be looking for, upgrade or take into consideration while I'm stripping down and rebuilding :*

Reckon I'm gonna have to get the mrs golf on the road to drive round so not bothered if it takes a month or two T:

Time to play maybe Keith ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mate, this would be a great opportunity to do a "how to" thread a'la Haynes manual.T: Could help a lot of peeps in the future.
Good luck and hope all ends well.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mate, this would be a great opportunity to do a "how to" thread a'la Haynes manual.T: Could help a lot of peeps in the future.
Good luck and hope all ends well.
I'll do my best mate T:

Danny, you on O2??

·
Registered
149 Posts
For someone whose belt has just snapped you seem very calm. When it happened to me it was like the whole world had come to an end and took me more than a week to climb out of my hole!

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
For someone whose belt has just snapped you seem very calm. When it happened to me it was like the whole world had come to an end and took me more than a week to climb out of my hole!
hats what the forum is all about mate...keeping people spirits up even in there time of need...T:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's all a front mate ;)

I just put things in perspective buddy, don't get me wrong, i love my velle and it's my pride and joy BUT there are alot of people worse off than me. I have my house (rented though I:) my Mrs and 5 lovely kids, could be ALOT worse T:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Sorry to hear about your engine, it might be worth replacing the bottom pulley and keyway as these are prone to wear, good luck.

·
Registered
891 Posts
It's all a front mate ;)

I just put things in perspective buddy, don't get me wrong, i love my velle and it's my pride and joy BUT there are alot of people worse off than me. I have my house (rented though I:) my Mrs and 5 lovely kids, could be ALOT worse T:
Well said ;)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Did it snap on start up or running?

Just wondering if you've definitely had valve contact. Could be worth sticking a belt on and seeing if it will turn over by hand before stripping it down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts