VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy,

my cam/rocker cover has a small oil weep on one end, nothing major but figured I'd sort it along with some other works.

on removal I've noticed that the main seal/gasket (at least to the naked eye) looks ok but I'd normally change anyhow - however I also have perished/cracked rubber in 2 of the 5 rubber "bungs" on the cam cover top where the securing bolts go thru and also the bung that hooks to the oil breather...I think the oil breather one can be bought BUT looking at wagenstad I get the impression that the WHOLE cam cover has to be purchased if you need to renew any of the gaskets/bungs in this case?

Is that true? anyone faced the same job and fixed in a cheap/reasonable way :confused:

thanks,
Martin

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have heard that you can't buy just the gasket, It comes with a new cover from the dealer.

I don't know if you'll get a non genuine gasket or not...Probably not I guess but might be worth a try :*

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
made some phone calls today and its correct :(
seems its true you DO have to replace the WHOLE CAM COVER from VW @ part number 074 103 469 P
will end up being €125!!!
for a couple of bloody rubber bungs and a gasket. as if its the space shuttle or something.
fuming here

thinking of trying some sealant - anyone ever tried that or am I wasting my time and effort and just pay up?

?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.