VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anywhere know somewhere localish to Loughborough that I can take my van to for a cambelt and waterpump change?

Tried a couple of places in Loughborough, but got told that they need special tools, so don't do them. Is it a VW dealer job?

Cheers

·
Registered
649 Posts
If he doesnt mind me saying, you could try Paul SS on here, he's in North Notts. He did mine a few weeks ago. I have to say the guy is superb!

He is a bizzy bunny with lots of van stuff but he always trys to fit you in and he dosent hang about. Pretty good price too i have to say.

Smokey.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I haven't a clue about special tools or anything but we always use davies and stevens on beeches road in loughborough (01509 217355) who could advise you even if they can't do the work themselves. They are always really helpful, very reasonable and even fitted our seat rails for us. We only live round the corner on albert prom if you need a lift home while you wait!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,you could try a bloke called John Bradbury 07850226901,(he lives in loughborough)he's a moblie mechanic so would come to you or place of work.He's been doing all the work i need doing and two mates vans for last couple of years with no problems.Very good rates but usually very busy(about four weeks to get booked in).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the recommendations - I'll try one of these when I finally get round to getting it sorted.

It's slightly less urgent job now, as what I thought was a failing waterpump is actually a dodgy temp sender and thermo switch! Will have to get a pump and cambelt change soon though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts