VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cambelt failed on my 2.5TDI.

I have already been told by the breakdown recovery service that to allow the belt to fail is neglect so am feeling very guilty and want to make everything right as soon as possible...

I have found a local garage who will have a look at it, but would need to arrange transport to the garage.

I am really looking for any recommendations for a good outfit near Stoke-on-Trent / Crewe with recovery service to pick the van up, take a look at it and put it right...

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Ohhh bad luck fella,you cant beat a bit of preventative maintenance when it comes to cambelts.

Keep fingers crossed that the damage is minimal,have the garage fit a new belt and try it before pulling the head off.

It could have snapped the cam,bent valves,beat lifters and damaged the piston crown or bent a rod but not likely

·
Registered
183 Posts
Gutted mate,

Mine has just gone, and it wasn't pretty hearing how much its gonna cost to put right :(
I thought it might of been ok as I was doing under 20mph when it went....no such luck!

Best to give AW engineering a call about possible rebuild T:

Sorry to hear

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
One of the best bits of advice I've been given is ensure the water pump is replaced during engine rebuild. Looks like the price you are going to have to pay, a waterpump will be peanuts. :eek: Sorry to hear of your calamity. :( Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Mine has just gone was only done 40k ago so hard to decide when to actually replace it think it will be exspensive :*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts