VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a van direct from main dealer stated before purchase that it had had a cambelt change and full service after getting poor mpg etc I've finally popped open bonnet and I'm not convinced it's had any service at all and defiantly not a cambelt as I've only covered 1500 miles and owned van 2 months can anyone advise otherwise as filter is looking like it's 2 years old and cambelt cover off the cambelt is not looking very good either please see photos any advise would be much appreciated as my cambelt cover has a gauge out of it nearly going threw as well looking at mount it doesn't look as if it's in original position anyone else's cam cover look like mine t5.1 facelift 2.0tdi engine 140bhp!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are you saying the cambelt has been rubbing the inside of the cover? If it has then I would demand a replacement. The fuel filter is only changed 6 years or 120000km

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No cambelt cover rubbing from outside seems to be rubbing from crank case breather pipe that attaches too turbo intake pipe and fuel filter change has been ticked and stamped on service record so I'm expecting it too have been changed !

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK, the lettering on your cambelt looks like the lettering on the belt I removed from my engine (CAAC) having done almost 100000 miles. Sorry I don't have a picture.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Van is on 60000 so as I thought it would be the original! Could ideally do with a picture for my argument as they haven't changed anything just ticked and stamped the book! If anyone has a Bham with low miles and is willing too quickly remove cambelt cover I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Having a T4 its all different but saying that nothing looks like its been renewed for a while ! the cambelt looks original like the original to me as does the fuel filter ! I'd go back to the garage and complain stating trading standard involvement ! a few years back my mothers car went in for a full service, 8 hours later got the car back nothing had been done at all ! Took it back the garage owner assumed work had been done and made up the invoice ... however the work was soon rectified after saying she was going to the local papers. give them a chance to explain ! good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had a statement saying they are unable too confirm weather or not a cambelt has been changed!!!so what can I do?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going too politely ask too pop the bonnet of one of their new vans and show me a cambelt were the van has less than 1k on it and we can compare !

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If you was sold the van under the terms of it having a full service and timing belt than they have lied and you have been sold something which there must be some type of redress ! Either they do the nessecerry work or compensate you to have this work completed !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I've been round too my local dealer and they found a van out front with just 1600 miles on a new t6 sportline dsg 4 motion he poped off cam cover and belt was as new with all writing and markings visible so I've informed Vw customer services who are going too contact the dealer I purchased van off and I'll update with the outcome tomorrow as he has informed me too tell them too call him and we can go from there I just can't believe they a main dealer would inform you of something which is a totall pack of lies! Shocking to be honest!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the van from a dealer which was 105miles away south Oxford Vw as I couldn't find a kombi 140bhp 6 speed box and auto folding mirrors etc with air on at my local dealer who are outstanding compared too Oxford! Can't fault my local Vw what so ever they have been more than helpfull.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts