VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2007 T5 2.5TDi Kombi 130bhp in Shadow Blue
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

Thought we might give this a try, so far just two of us my self and scruffyherbert and Jimbo said he might try and make one, so is there anyone else in this area who fancies meeting up at a pub for a drink etc.?

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Ipswich mate so not to far away, i'll be up for it.
Nice one T: that makes three of us and 4 if Jimbo pops along.

Seen a couple of modded vans locally need to approch them or leaflet.

Will try get a fixed date & venue for a couple of weeks time.

I'll try to take everyones location into account T:

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
we could be in, let us know when and where, preferably a PM message as I can never find the same thread twice

Whereabouts? Newmarket way?

ITB

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I would come mate and most probably jimmyjames when he sorts his engine, Rixy isnt far from you either. If you could make it east side cambs T:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok having looked at where people are based I'm thinking somewhere nearish Newmarket just off the A14 is probably going to be best, that does make it a bit of a trek for people on the Northampton side of Cambridgeshire though so perhaps a couple of different venues.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Newmarket way would be fine for me Tom T:
Could be a bit hit and miss date wise, purely down to workload with the harvest season fast approaching.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I'll go check out a few pubs, see what they have in the way of car parks, food etc. and get back with some possible dates and a venue.

Cheers

Tom T:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok,

As I'm away for a week in August and the same it probably true for others, we'll aim for a first meet early september somewhere just off the A14 between Cambridge and Newmarket.

Will update once I've sampled some pubs T:

·
11,653 Posts
Recon i may come to this. We are camping at deers glade early september but if i can i will come mate. T:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Looking like it could be quite a decent meet up.
alfie, I wouldn't worry. I've been on the forum a while now and never met up with anyone anywhere I: so I'm a complete newbie meet up wise aswell T:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everyone is welcome T:

Must go sample some pubs LOL:

Anyone have suggestions on days, I'm thinking an evening say a 7pm meet somewhere?

Perhaps a Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday night, or could be a weekend.... ahh I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so
sure ;)

·
11,653 Posts
Deers glade camping weekend is 4th to the 7th september so those dates would be out for me. Some of you lot should come :ILU:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts