VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do unmarked Police motorcycles have the ability to photograph a vehicle following them?

I was making progress in a 60mph limit following a BMW GS tonight, rider wearing high visibility kit with white helmet but no Police markings. The helmet had a black flat gloss panel at the back, almost like a screen. The bike definitely flashed at me from near its number plate! I looked at my speed and I was approx. 8mph over the 60 limit on dual carriageway (in my car) but I was following him so he must also have been doing similar speed.

I’ve never seen this before? I'm sure flashing directly into the view of a following vehicle is, or should be seen as unacceptable; the rider was using hand signals as well as indicators and riding in a much exaggerated deliberate manner.

Could this be a new camera motorcycle? Anybody had similar experience?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do unmarked Police motorcycles have the ability to photograph a vehicle following them?

I was making progress in a 60mph limit following a BMW GS tonight, rider wearing high visibility kit with white helmet but no Police markings. The helmet had a black flat gloss panel at the back, almost like a screen. The bike definitely flashed at me from near its number plate! I looked at my speed and I was approx. 8mph over the 60 limit on dual carriageway (in my car) but I was following him so he must also have been doing similar speed.

I’ve never seen this before? I'm sure flashing directly into the view of a following vehicle is, or should be seen as unacceptable; the rider was using hand signals as well as indicators and riding in a much exaggerated deliberate manner.

Could this be a new camera motorcycle? Anybody had similar experience?
As far as I am aware they don't for traffic, especially wouldn't use a flash if they did, I am aware if bikes fitted with cameras but more like fireblades and such, they are used more for suvalance hence on a bike you wouldn't expect, watching suspected dealers and such.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my view, but there was a very clear flash from the bike, logic tells me they'd never flash at a following vehicle for safety reasons, but it did. I've been trying to Google the helmet too but nothing similar coming up, the top of the lid mould extended to form a surround supporting a built in gloss black flat panel, like a screen?

Really odd this, very curious to find out what it is.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
If they do. I'd be annoyed.
Another expensive revenue stream using expensive toys.
It's not upholding the law and keeping the peace.

It's upholding an act and extorting money with menaces for a corperation.
Meanwhile. In westminster. Real criminals walk free to murder and abuse kids and snort coke.

Unless it wasn't a police bike.
They have to be visibly marked.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Don't think they can accurately record a speed from a moving vehicle that would hold up as an offence. There are Bikes fitted with cameras working this area but I believe that they have to park up and catch you with a portable camera like what they have in the vans.

:*

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Perhaps the flat panel is a screen, like the retro fit DVD players you can get to put on the head rests of the car, so the pillion passenger can watch a film on long journeys. T:

:D

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I am willing to bet £3:73 and half a flake (fun size)
That within 5 years cars will all have GPS tracking for speeding fines etc and all roads will be privately owned. (By the Rothschilds)
And any fines will be taken directly from people's bank accounts.
And I'll also have a double or quits on cars with "Manual" drivers be banned within 10 years.
That is to say that Humans can't and won't be trusted to drive anymore. Within 10 years.
Then I'll go for the round robin of a Stasi like militarised and "private" police force to enforce these non laws.

Just send me your selection boxes now. (Minus the finger of fun size fudge)
It's been already admitted. T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts