VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and haven't even got myself a T5 yet but am doing some research up front so I can look for the right one. I got a sweet '64 splitty parked outside and getting no use and before that had a bay which I used loads but a lot has changed and I NEED a T5 (twins, another little boy and a few years is whats changed).

I live in Oz but will am moving back home and want to try wrap a camper, people mover and daily driver all into one. Is it possible? pretty sure it is, but is it practical?

I've seen double swivel passenger seats (gotta be small right?) and triple back seats WITH a skinny wardrobe adjacent (they must be small?) and was then thinking about having another pair of seats in the middle, next to the fridge/hob, sink unit - which are removable for when I go camping. Do any of you clever people know if this is possible and has anyone tried it? Pro's and cons?

I've been advised to get a 7-seater car (new JEEP or something like) and pull a camper trailer. Apart from being too exy, I really want all-in-one but maybe I'm being stubborn?

Thanks loads in advance for your thoughts/advice, it will be the basis of my decision making...

James

·
Registered
489 Posts
Have a look at the LWB Caravelle version and see if that works, you can camp in that layout quite well and use the boot area for cooking / storing.

If you had a pop top you could sleep 2 up there and use a cab bed across the front seats for another berth.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How about a LWB factory Kombi, with full width r&r behind and pop top, then add pull out draw with sink and cooker in to come out of underside of r&r and into sheltered tailgate space. Put a Kyham tailgate awning on for camping and you have a people carrier come camper suitable for 8-9 people to travel in and 5-6 to sleep in, depending on size + more space to sleep 2 in awning.T:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and haven't even got myself a T5 yet but am doing some research up front so I can look for the right one. I got a sweet '64 splitty parked outside and getting no use and before that had a bay which I used loads but a lot has changed and I NEED a T5 (twins, another little boy and a few years is whats changed).

I live in Oz but will am moving back home and want to try wrap a camper, people mover and daily driver all into one. Is it possible? pretty sure it is, but is it practical?

I've seen double swivel passenger seats (gotta be small right?) and triple back seats WITH a skinny wardrobe adjacent (they must be small?) and was then thinking about having another pair of seats in the middle, next to the fridge/hob, sink unit - which are removable for when I go camping. Do any of you clever people know if this is possible and has anyone tried it? Pro's and cons?

I've been advised to get a 7-seater car (new JEEP or something like) and pull a camper trailer. Apart from being too exy, I really want all-in-one but maybe I'm being stubborn?

Thanks loads in advance for your thoughts/advice, it will be the basis of my decision making...

James

i have a caravelle 96 7 seater, great van and have converted very easily and cheaply here in thailand so the rear three seats fold down to a bed, i find no use to have a wardrobe or sink fitted as they mostly seem a waste of time for my lifestyle.

if your on face book you can view some photos at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.413968475379948.1073741829.365603920216404&type=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts