VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi, I'm not aware of an aftermarket system that has two stage locking at the moment. It is however somingthing i will be looking into over the winter months

dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there I brought the remote kit at bus fest just wondered is there any way of connecting it to my cobra alarm system so I only have to use one fob instead of locking with 1 and setting alarm with another cheers.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi. Unfortunately, as far as we are aware, these kits are only compatible with the Right Click alarms. Sorry - looks like you'll have to carry both fobs.
Carolyn

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just fitted the central locking kit to my van works great and key cuts are perfect, only thing left to do is wire it to my indicators so they flash when locked and unlocked, what would be the best way to do this, run wires to the front indicators, or could i splice them into the indicator stalk or hazard switch

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Just fitted the central locking kit to my van works great and key cuts are perfect, only thing left to do is wire it to my indicators so they flash when locked and unlocked, what would be the best way to do this, run wires to the front indicators, or could i splice them into the indicator stalk or hazard switch
loom that goes from steering column to fuse box. black/white and black/green.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Unlocked my van the other day and worked fine, but now it wont lock or unlock, ive tried both fobs neither work an the light on the fob flashes, but van wont lock any help gratfully apreciated

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Check to see if it works manually with the key in the lock, ie all the locks work together when triggered by the key. If not then check power and battery level - fuses etc

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can you help me trouble shoot this problem please. Installed your locking kit almost two years ago and it has been working brilliantly up till now. The passenger door will lock on the click but not unlock - all other locks operating just fine. I can see the passenger door button try to move but it doesn't go far enough up to unlock.

Does it sound as if I need to adjust the position of the motor or does it indicate a fault with the motor? The rods look secure and tight. Any help much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
If your central locking rods are the same as mine "designer" they have a L shape at one end and a loop at the other and NO OTHER bends then they are thinner than the VW ones (and bend) this leads to out of adjustment solenoid open/close switches.

I spent 3months chasing intermittent CL faults and replaced everthing (and found it was the rods).

You will need door cards off, if you remove fuse and disconnect MES relay you can check each door cct / solenoid in turn.

info on here google..

and genuine rods...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VOLKSWAGEN-T4-TRANSPORTER-CENTRAL-LOCKING-RODS-/370626376390

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ahh - ok I will check the rods - but yes that makes sense - Also I noticed when I lats had the door card off, quite a bit of corrosion on the rods too so maybe a bit of water is tracking down from somewhere.

Thanks for the link.

Lewy

21 - 35 of 35 Posts