VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It's been ages since I last posted any updates on our van. It's been great, if a little under used. Well later this year we'd like to sell it and do another one. So I decided that we needed matching upholstery for the front and rear seats. So why not have a go ourselves!

Anyway, I'm going to use this thread to track our progress and hopefully it may be of interest to others in the future.

First things first, before I started I bought a spare set of front seats so the the van remains serviceable day-to-day especially as this could take me a while!

As we did when we first converted the van I'll be filming the process. Unlike the first time there's a lot more effort gone into trying to make these more useable videos.

Here is the first part in the video series:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, not sure what went wrong with the YouTube link, or why I can't edit the original post, could someone point me in the right direction please?

Hopefully this YouTube link should work:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, with this third film I'm up to date and I'm sure the updates will be more sporadic! Having said that the fourth part is currently rendering and will hopefully be up on YouTube tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
These videos look very informative, I'll have to watch them all properly later, this is something I'd love to do but have little to no sewing experience, might have to get mum involved!

Are you planning on doing door cards or dash?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cheers for that, really helpfull videos. I'm thinking about having a go at doing that myself. I've got bigger problems then the scruffy seats at the moment so it will have to wait a while, but when I get around to it I'll definately be watching those videos again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks very much. I bought a spare set of seats, so there's no risk to the van itself. There is money and time involved, but that's just an incentive to get it right!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts