VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of buying a t4 2.4 d
engine seems good ,but all four wheels arches are rusty beyond repair
do they do repair panels ? or should I get it repaired , or just walk away and forget this van

·
Registered
467 Posts
sounds like a bad one ive see ones with rust on wheel arches and you just find more prob best to walk away lots around to choose from @-)

do they do repair panels ? or should I get it repaired , or just walk away and forget this van

·
Registered
75 Posts
If your decent with a welder then it's not that hard. Time consuming though so that's where the bodyshop bill will cost you. My advice would be if your handy with DIY is to borrow or buy a Mig welder and have a go. There's a good guide if you google T4 rear arch replacment. Have a read and see if you feel capable. Even of you welded the panel in and then took it to a bodyshop to paint you would probably save a wedge.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had my front arches replaced when I had a respray. The arches and fitting cost me an extra £200 on top of respray price. Best to get a price first though.

·
Registered
805 Posts
would not swap my bullet proof 2.4 d for anything, rusty arches are part and parcel of 20 year old vans. replaced mine 2 year ago and resprayed the whole van, will have to tidy some stuff up this summer so it will be on going, thats the way it is with old vw vans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts