VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a twin sliding door with a caravelle sliding seat system installed (thanks Colin). A trip out at the weekend highlighted the need for a small table. I’ve looked at the velle multifunction table and although I think it’s a brilliant bit of kit, I just don’t want it sitting in the middle of the floor all the time when I’m on a camp site. Anybody know if it can be mounted on the outside rails?

I’ve been looking at alternatives. I need it to be removable. I also don’t want to cut a hole in the floor.

Current favourite is the swivel table from kiravan:

http://www.kiravans.co.uk/campervan-parts-tables/swing-out-table-leg-wall-mounted

It looks pretty flexible and I can make the table top to match everything else.

I did think about a standard sliding rail arrangement fixed to the sliding door panel, but the door doesn’t move out far enough for the fixings to clear the side bodywork.

Anybody have a swivel table or have an alternative suggestion?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah, we find the multifunction table a pain, and don't use it.

For camping we have table and benches - it's not a mounted table, but lifts in and out which is useful. It's also height adjustable, so for sleeping it adjusts to just the right height for a foot board

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.

i would be talking to T4Chippy on here. about his personalised tables and also his table legs that dont need hold cutting in the floor.

link
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/member.php?u=9735
I did have a look on his site, but all his legs seem to need cutting into the floor. Will keep looking.

Maybe im over thinking it and a simple folding, adjustable camping table will do the job.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cheers guys.

I did have a look on his site, but all his legs seem to need cutting into the floor. Will keep looking.

Maybe im over thinking it and a simple folding, adjustable camping table will do the job.
I'm sat at my table, supported by the sequoia system, no holes in floor, a few minutes to fix up then a doddle to set up and down, and great service from T4 Chippy. We've used it for the last 2 weeks travelling in Spain and I wouldn't be without it now, no wear, very easy to swivel round out of the way, better than one you have to put through the floor in my opinion.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sat at my table, supported by the sequoia system, no holes in floor, a few minutes to fix up then a doddle to set up and down, and great service from T4 Chippy. We've used it for the last 2 weeks travelling in Spain and I wouldn't be without it now, no wear, very easy to swivel round out of the way, better than one you have to put through the floor in my opinion.
Ah I see now. Didn't realise they were surface mounted. Will have a think as fixing into my brand new caravelle floor might be too much for me...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you considered a California door mounted table as you have a twin slider?I am just having a caravelle conversion done myself at the moment and as I have a twin slider I have put in a door panel with the integrated table. In fact I might have a spare door panel as I wanted blinds so had to buy a new door trim with integrated blinds so if you don't want blinds then I have a panel but not the table, you would have to buy this from VW or find a second hand one. It's not a cheap option but It's very neat and tidy and the table is freestanding so can be used outside , which is what we wanted. I will post some piccies when i get the van back (hopefully tommorrow:) can't wait.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you considered a California door mounted table as you have a twin slider?I am just having a caravelle conversion done myself at the moment and as I have a twin slider I have put in a door panel with the integrated table. In fact I might have a spare door panel as I wanted blinds so had to buy a new door trim with integrated blinds so if you don't want blinds then I have a panel but not the table, you would have to buy this from VW or find a second hand one. It's not a cheap option but It's very neat and tidy and the table is freestanding so can be used outside , which is what we wanted. I will post some piccies when i get the van back (hopefully tommorrow:) can't wait.
Sent you a PM mate

·
Registered
268 Posts
Do you have a picture of this set up please

ta

kev

1 - 10 of 10 Posts