VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for decent campsite in the North York Moors or maybe the dales if anyone has any recommendations?

Looking at going in early September and it needs to have full showering/toilet facilities for the wife and accept dogs. Can't the leave the little girl behind ! :).

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I've stayed here quite a few times

http://www.ladycrossplantation.co.uk/

It's on the edge of the north yorks moors and about 15 mins from Whitby.

Lovely friendly place, dog friendly and nice relatively new shower and toilet blocks.

On the website it looks more caravan orientated but I was only there 2 weeks ago and there were a few T5's and motorhomes and of course me in my T4 T:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks as though that could be just the ticket! T:

The mrs refuses to go without complete facilities, no wild camping here! Something about refusing to answer a call of nature in nature :*

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Actually that place looks really good too T:

I'll bookmark it for future reference myself. Have a top trip hope the weathers good for you T:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Says on the website "No motor homes" have you stayed at the brewery?

Would definitely be worth a visit anyway when en route to family following some camping.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Masons is a really nice site..the facilities are really nice.

It can get a bit expensive if you go for a long weekend + hook-up + awning etc etc. and you have to hire fire pits from them but there's a great walk along the river to Grassington and the dogs can go safely in the river.

There are a couple of pubs within walking distance too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts