VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Camping with the bairns - High Top query?

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  speedypepper 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and VW Campers, but not camping. I've cycle toured round Europe and now married with a 10 month old daughter I though it was time to upgrade from canvas!
I'm in the process of acquiring a High Top T4 (should have it by Easter, if all goes to plan) but I've a got a question that I can't find a posted answer to, yes I've used the search button... ;-)
If you have very young children and want them to sleep up top is there any 'netting' style restraint (to put across the opening) available to stop them falling out? If so could someone point me in the right direction.
I've seen the front seat hammock that a member makes (sorry I can't remember his name) and it looks ideal for when my daughter is a bit older.
Also any tips from those who camp with very young 'uns would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

#12 ·
I fitted a small piece of electrical conduit pipe to the bed base, and the bottom clips to that. The top clips to the handles that you use to lift the poptop which has an elastic bungee cord strung between them, and the sides can clip to the gas struts that hold the poptop up, but we usually leave them unclipped now that the children are a little older.
I see no reason why you couldn't fix the net to hooks or cargo lashing eyes (like you find in the boot of some cars) mounted on the inside of your hightop.
Hope this helps :ILU:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.