VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a stop over tomorrow exmouth way if anyone has any ideas for us please .

All the usual places are still closed for winter so very limited for options.

Any help much appreciated as always T:

Cheers ,B&T .

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Parking besides the road isnt wild camping!
Camping with two young children and even if i wasnt minimum requirements a toilet and being able to sleep in the knowledge that im not going to have a copper knocking on the window telling me to move
Plus like to have a beer that would leave me open to prosecution if in the vehicle on the road with the keys !

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ok ok calm down Stuart.
It was a suggestion for B&T. I think toilets are available. And it is legal to park.
I didn’t realise Wild Camping has a certain criteria.
If you have young children with you, should you really be drinking more than the legal limit for being in charge of a motor vehicle.
No need to take the pi** I thought we were a friendly forum.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the hint smarty T:

I have seen the guys parked up along the seafront but i wouldnt be able to settle at night trying to sleep on the seafront , i would wake with every passing car . ....plus we do admittedly like a glass of wine in the evening. I:

We ended up staying over tonight in dawlish in the finish and only half hour run to Exmouth tomorrow T:

Cheltenham site booked for tomorrow :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Pooh Cottage is a nice site if you want to stay in a proper c/s. it's on the cycle route to exmouth, and then you can continue up the estuary (on the Tarka trail ?) via Lympstone, Topsham, where you can take the ferry, if youve timed it right, over the Exe and continue up the river/ canal to get to Exeter via the quay, makes for very a nice day out. and/or at topsham lock (t'other side of ferry from Topsham) turn left for the pub at Turf. lovely spot. Double Locks is another good pub on the canal on the way to the quay/ Haven Banks in Exeter.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought pooh had stopped doing 'tourers' and gone over to just seasonals now ??
When did you last go ?

We used to like pooh T:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
not for a while, admittedly, but Im pretty sure my parents stayed this year in their campervan. I remember them saying how it had changed (e.g. better facilities I think). In fact, I checked on the web earlier 'cos I wanted to see if they were open, Im sure it said tourers as well. Looked like they were open until the end of Oct. Worth a quick call to check.
I can get some feedback from them if you like, or just check out ukcampsite to see what reviews are on there. But, yes, we liked Pooh too when we stayed back along. :) Hopefully it hasnt changed too much.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Their website suggests all is good , i can book a touring pitch up until the end of the month ......shame we're at work until after then :(

This place is back on our list for next year T:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
will go back ourselves sometime. There are some sites further E along the coast that are nice too that I want to try sometime. also looking for a good one near (within cycling dist) of Exeter, pref open all year, if you know of anywhere.
cheers

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know the old manager left a couple of years back and it had gone back to the owners , so maybe theyve brought someone new in now to run it .

I dont know of anywhere that close to Exeter that you could bike in i'm afraid , we normally stop at somewhere like webbers park at Woodbury and drive in if we go that way .

What about caravan and motorhome site at exeter racecourse? ...not tried it myself .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts