VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to Lauterbrunnen from Calais, want to stop half way down for a rest, does anyone know of any campsites please. Thank you.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I can highly recommend getting the ACSI app. We used it extensively this December/January and it made finding decent places a doddle.

It's about £12 I think. We used the iPad version, connecting now and then to the Internet by wifi or my iPhone wireless hotspot, although it can be used offline. Not to be confused with the ACSI card.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think I stayed at Lac D'Orient near Geraudot in the outskirts of Troyes when doing the same trip, I've definitely been there at some point. It's a very popular transit campsite for campervanners and it's not far from the motorway.

I'd definitely recommend taking the lower route through France (Reims, Troyes, Dole) and up into Switzerland neat Bern rather than the upper route (Nancy, Mulhouse) through France and into Switzerland over the hills near Basel. The hills can be a bit of a bottleneck if you get stuck behind a caravan.

If you need to anything about Lauterbrunnen just ask. It's an amazing place.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
There are a few good campsites in Luxembourg which is about 250 miles from Calais. Plus you could fill up with super cheap diesel :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts