VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm going to be replacing my camshaft on my AXD t5 this weekend, and have a quick question:

I also need to set the injector clearance (previous mechanic did not do this and it is causing issues) - can I do this after I've replaced the camshaft and whilst the camshaft cover is off? i.e. before I've turned the engine over. Or will I need to put it all back together, check the timing and then take it all apart again to set the injector clearance?

I'll be taking photographs and have written out a sequence of works based on the Haynes manual section numbers etc, along with parts needed, sundry items and torque settings for each of the bolts so will post this up after the weekend when I know it's all correct!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Hi,

I'm going to be replacing my camshaft on my AXD t5 this weekend, and have a quick question:

I also need to set the injector clearance (previous mechanic did not do this and it is causing issues) - can I do this after I've replaced the camshaft and whilst the camshaft cover is off? i.e. before I've turned the engine over. Or will I need to put it all back together, check the timing and then take it all apart again to set the injector clearance?

I'll be taking photographs and have written out a sequence of works based on the Haynes manual section numbers etc, along with parts needed, sundry items and torque settings for each of the bolts so will post this up after the weekend when I know it's all correct!

Cheers
Changed the cam and then set the injectors before you fit the rocker cover, do you have the correct cam timing tools?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks Martin - I do yea, I bought the Sealey kit.

I take it I will need to remove all of the timing tools before setting the injector clearance - would you reccomend putting them back on again after setting the injector clearance? I assume this wouldn't be necessary but I only want to take the van apart once!

Many thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
OK thanks Martin - I do yea, I bought the Sealey kit.

I take it I will need to remove all of the timing tools before setting the injector clearance - would you reccomend putting them back on again after setting the injector clearance? I assume this wouldn't be necessary but I only want to take the van apart once!

Many thanks again.
You can take the cam lockings tools out and then fit the rockers and set the injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts