·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done it! We're giving those ol' Rusty Hookers a run for their money! Rasp: LOL: Rasp:
Thanks mate, we will be provided the regular tdi convert posters do it. It just makes it easier not having to answer the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and so on, you know what i'm saying T:T:T:T:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Thanks mate, we will be provided the regular tdi convert posters do it. It just makes it easier not having to answer the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and so on, you know what i'm saying T:T:T:T:
I know... but unfortunately we were all in the same boat... I remember sending PM's to you, aggie & penbryn because i had no [email protected] to make the decision on what I had read - even though the answers were right in from of me I:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know... but unfortunately we were all in the same boat... I remember sending PM's to you, aggie & penbryn because i had no [email protected] to make the decision on what I had read - even though the answers were right in from of me I:
Its silly to even think about doing the job without thoroughly reading all the main threads a few times over. That way at least you can see what you are letting yourself into and can preempt the pitfalls to stop them catching you by surprise. When i did mine i spent at least a week deciding how to go about it and learning before i did anything. Sometimes the newbies just need a shove in the right direction but as you say we have all been there. The good thing is there is more information and people to assist (remotely) now which is a major comfort. Makes you wonder how many non tdi's will be out there in 10 years time??

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Its silly to even think about doing the job without thoroughly reading all the main threads a few times over. That way at least you can see what you are letting yourself into and can preempt the pitfalls to stop them catching you by surprise. When i did mine i spent at least a week deciding how to go about it and learning before i did anything. Sometimes the newbies just need a shove in the right direction but as you say we have all been there. The good thing is there is more information and people to assist (remotely) now which is a major comfort. Makes you wonder how many non tdi's will be out there in 10 years time??
Agreed! I'm gonna be out of the loop a fair bit for the next couple of months as I'm off to Auz but will see how many more are added to the list of converts by April!

Also - bit off topic but hear you're a coastguard, and want to have a chat with you sometime about that perhaps at a show in summer or something! T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed! I'm gonna be out of the loop a fair bit for the next couple of months as I'm off to Auz but will see how many more are added to the list of converts by April!

Also - bit off topic but hear you're a coastguard, and want to have a chat with you sometime about that perhaps at a show in summer or something! T:
Anytime mate, times as a Coastguard are hard at the moment if you are looking at becoming full time, there is always a need for volunteers on the coast though which should be unaffected T:T:T:

We will be doing Deers Glade again next year so it wont be much of a trek for you. Nice and chilled with pleanty of time for beer and chat around the campfire :ILU:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Done, the amount of times I read through those conversion threads ! And still I managed to mess it up myself haha
Still loving the tdi:D Put some s4 alloys on earlier, loving the t4 at the moment T:

Can one of you mods please change the wording under my name to "Team 1.9TDi" ? Cheers

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi guys can you add me to the list, still running strong after 2 years. Currently 150bhp soon to be 200+

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Done it! We're giving those ol' Rusty Hookers a run for their money! Rasp: LOL: Rasp:
What if your the godfather of the 1.9TDI conversion and one of the founding members of the Rustyhookers :p

We are now offering 1.9TDI conversions at vw connections and have our first booking in march T: and several potential more 1.9TDI conversions to do T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys can you add me to the list, still running strong after 2 years. Currently 150bhp soon to be 200+
What engine did you use bud??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at putting a 1.9 TDi in my 1995 1.9D short wheel base van, I've looked through all the threads but I can't find the exact info I'm after.
Will an engine from a 1995 1.9 TDi Passat fit straight in if not is it possible with slight modification. I can purchase the whole car so all the bits are available. can someone point me in the right direction please?
:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts